Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Magazines feeding heavier BB's  (Read 7264 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Magazines feeding heavier BB's
« on: November 13, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »
Hey guys and gals, I've been working well before the baby came on some higher FPS builds more in line with a DMR type of rifle. I've got an CYMA M14 that's shooting 440fps currently, and an M16 build that right before I blew the front of the box apart was running 545fps. Now on the M4 side of things I haven't had too much issue with normal mid caps feeding heavier BB's, I've had fair luck feeding up to .30g's, and on the few single stack mags around I've been able to feed .43g through it without any issue. But the M14 which I've got a bunch of mags for seems to top out around .28g reliably, I just tried .30g with really mixed results, lots of double feeds or misfeeds. I had better luck with the hicap which I expected since the spring tension can be a bit stronger. But what I'm wondering is with more DMR platforms and higher FPS builds on say polarstar's what are you guys doing to feed heavier BB weights? I've heard of allot of guys running .28g+ in their guns lately and I'm just curious if there are some common mods I may have missed the boat on or a brand of mag which is known to have maybe a little stiffer spring allowing more reliable feeding of heavier ammo.

Thanks!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Magazines feeding heavier BB's
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 05:00:16 PM »
I wanted to bring this back up since I'm running into the same issue maybe someone has an answer. This time on my new to me M16A2 DMR/Sniper build that I've been working on lately. I sold the M14 and bought this then built it up shooting around 530-540fps right now corrected for creep. But the problem I'm having is feeding heavy weight again.

I like Ajax Custom's .43g they are white and dang consistent in my bolt action VSR10 enough so that I've pretty much settled into that being my BB for that gun. So since this M16 is shooting around the same FPS I've been trying to get it to feed properly, all of my midcaps have been a no-go so far. I've got a single STAR I believe 30 round mag which is single stack that feeds. If I overfill it it won't work as well the first couple rounds but then it's 100% afterwards. So I suspect it's a single stack VS double stack issue with mags. Unfortunately I don't have any old TM 68 round mags laying around since I traded them off way back when G&P midcaps first hit the market.

So for anyone out there who might have a TM 68 round M16 mag and heavy BB's I'd be curious to hear if you have any luck with it feeding. I'd hate to have to source some of those at this point with them being somewhat rare and expensive but based on the single/double stack issue I think that might be part of the problem from the looks of things.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The Ajax BB's aren't super smooth on the surface, they look almost grainy or matte, which I think is increasing the friction in the mag causing the issue even more so. But the dang things shoot so well I'm hesitant to go to yet another brand trying to find heavy white BB's that work well.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"