Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Internal Upgrades G&G Cm16 Raider  (Read 17768 times)

MadBrax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Internal Upgrades G&G Cm16 Raider
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:57:06 AM »
Hello guys, I have had a G&G CM16 Raider for a little while now and I want to improve the ACCURACY and RATE OF FIRE. The gun is stock I believe with just externals. I have no need for anything else but I would like specific parts(Example: maple leaf 70 degree bucking). I really don't want to spend more than I paid for the gun in parts because I have a different project that's going to cost 250 in parts. Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Internal Upgrades G&G Cm16 Raider
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 12:12:22 PM »
I'm not super familiar with the G&G guns but what I do know is they are mostly stock m4 style guns bar a few changes and I've worked with some of their parts.

For ROF depends on how high you want to go and what your running now for a battery. Easiest way is just to run a lipo with a mosfet to insure the trigger contacts last. That though will give you a somewhat small increase in ROF compared to say a DSG setup. But on the fairly cheap and easy you can just install a mosfet then toss an 11.1v lipo in there and it will run fairly well usually for a while. You will wear things down a bit faster, and you risk internal issues pretty much anytime you go up in velocity or ROF. But likely that's the route I would take in most cases.

On accuracy that is a whole can of worms. You can do about a million things, hopup bucking makes a huge difference, rhop seems to help as well but it's a bit more difficult to install vs. an ordinary bucking. Are you looking for accuracy at close range or accuracy at long range? I know it seems like they would go together and they do but I've seen better results with Rhop at long range, where at closer ranges it's sort of a wash between an rhop and a drop in bucking. My theory is that it's the way the hopup is applied to the BB that makes the hopup occur later in flight with an rhop but it's purely based on what I've been seeing in my own guns.

Also what sort of budget are you looking at? There are a ton of small things you can do yourself if your handy which will help make the gun more accurate etc, but you can also throw parts at it. Which way are you looking to do? And what velocity are you shooting? If it's stock from memory that's around 350fps which means your not going to be able to go too heavy on BB's but generally speaking the heavier BB the better accuracy if they are both quality. So for instance if your shooting .20's right now go to .25's. You might be able to manage .28g with 350fps but that's right on the edge of too much weight for the velocity from what I've seen.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Mistafishman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »
As a fellow G&G owner I know a but about the gun. Like luke213 has said, definitely use a MOSFET if youvare running a Lipo. A simple upgrade you can do is a motor upgrade. You can get an awesome motor for around $55.00. Use a high torque over a high speed motor, or if willing to spend a little more a balance motor (high speed and torque). A good motor upgrade will increase your ROF as much as 6 RPS. That's a noticeable difference. It also should give you better trigger response. The hop up you should have no problem upgrading. Th G&G stock inner barrels are quite nice as it is too, not quite a Promethius (by Matrix) but still gets the job done. Unless you have the EBB gearbox, upgrading the internals shouldn't be any different from any other V2 gearbox. There are so many ways to upgrade your gearbox to increase ROF that I will not bog you down with text but, I will provide a video.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
Basic items that influence accuracy:
-compression consistency
The more consistent the air being expelled is, the more consistent the shots will be. Having a perfect copression system also helps to get the max performance potential out of your internal setup. Your compression setup consists all the way from your piston head/O-ring to the barrel. Piston head/O-ring>cylinder> cylinder head> nozzle> bucking>barrel> hop up unit
Between each individual part are things that can be done to improve. The best thing you can do is keep all the parts in the (compression) system the same brand, as they are generally designed around each other for best fitment, alignment and performance.
-hop up assembly
Best way for improved accuracy is primarily in the hop up assembly. Such things as barrel quality play a big factor. Brands known to have among the best internal consistency and finish are PDI, EdGI, and Prometheus. Bore diameter has been found to be a different factor.for different aspects of performance. Tightbore's (6.00-6.03 mm)generally have their best performance in short range/cqb, where as a little wider (6.05-6.08mm) generally proves to have great accuracy at further range engagements.
These all depend on other factors such as voluming and bb quality.

Basic factors that influence ROF:
-motor
Neodymium, as mentioned before, is a must. TPAs of motors are the real kicker. TPA stands for Turns Per Armature. Lower TPA:Higher RPM/less torque(but still more than ferrous magnet motors) Higher TPA:Lower RPM/higher torque. TPA ranges from 12-32 from what I've found. General ranges/specifications: <12-15 commonly considered high speed. 16-18 known as balanced between speed and torque. 19-24+ is generally the torque range. And 28-32 are known as frankentorque.
-gears
Ratio paired well with motor TPA is key for achieving what you are looking for. Low ratio 10:1-13:1 (aka "high speed gearsets") are optimal for speed setups. These are best paired with high torque(respectable ROF) or frankentorque(slower than high torqure, but super power effecient and best trigger response), but can be paired with bakancrd and speed motors to reach into the 40-50 RPS. BUT speed motor/low ratio gears will cause plenty of motor heat.
Ratios 16:1-18:1 have a little more torque as a gearset, so balanced motors can be used to get similar results to low ratio/high torque. And gear ratios higher than 18:1 aren't really well suited for.high speed(save for certain DSG setups, but I'm bit going to explain that now)
-wiring
Low resistance wiring, with a basic 3034 mosfet is a must. 16ga wiring is the norm for any rewire(or should be anyways). And in some builds, even 14ga. But not only the wiring, but you will need deans or other low resistance connectors to prevent potential frying/shorting in the connector.area, and deans can occasionally(usually in stock setups) been known to improve performance slightly.
-battery
It is important to have a large enough battery to supply enough power for your setup. High C-ratings in lipos indicate lower internal resistance, thus higher discharge rate. Amp draw is another factor, and with lipos can be calculated by: Amps=(C-rating)x (capacity in Ah)
Ah=(mah)/1000
Example:
So a 35c 1400 battery would supply 49amps,
25c 1000 would supply 25amps

I like to go as big as i can fit, as the motor will only draw as much as it needs. If it doesn't have enough power, you risk damaging your battery, and even potentially your motor/mosfet/wiring.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread