Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Systema M4A1 PTW in need of repair  (Read 8983 times)

Joe

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Systema M4A1 PTW in need of repair
« on: January 02, 2016, 12:36:50 PM »
Its been years since I have played airsoft and I'm looking to get back into it. I haven't shot my systema in years. Here is what happened, I was test firing the gun one day and I had the gun broke in half to switch out the cylinder. I accidently shot the gun while the receiver was in half, which is what the man who sold me the rifle said never to do. This worries me. I tried to fire the gun after that and it wouldn't fire. That's all I remember and this was about 7 or eight years ago. I can't believe its been so long that I've had a broken airsoft gun. Its finally time to attend to this problem. The only thing I can think of is that its out of timeing and needs adjustment or the mechbox needs replacement. I would rather pay someone who is qualified to repair this gun.  I need to purchase a new battery and new mags because I don't have neither at the moment. I did take the rifle in to Gibraltar trade center years ago and they said try sending it into the systema factory. I just called them and no answer. I didn't see an email address.

If anyone knows of anyone who can help me with fixing this gun or a way to send it in to systemas headquarters, please let me know.

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
Re: Systema M4A1 PTW in need of repair
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:36:17 PM »
Look up a guy named Tackleberry. He's based in the UK, but he does a lot of PTW upgrades and the like. Also check out the Systema PTW forum, they should have some tips on who to contact.

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 12:11:09 AM »
I know that Mosin knows some local guy who can work on PTWs. Try to contact him. That's all I know.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:37:34 AM »
At the risk of this looking like a nercopost...

I just recently had some things go haywire with a my Systema TW5, after scouring the depths of the internets, I was having difficulty finding the replacement parts, in this case, the FCU. In a last ditch effort I decided to reach out to Z-shot.  As most will know Z-shot is the American distributor for several brands including Ares, they also used to be the distributor for Systema, though if you look on their current website you won't find any mention of Systema anymore. Anyways, I contacted them by email and received a response in a couple business days. After a few messages inquiring about the item model number and a description of the problem, they issued an RMA and have agreed to take a look, much to my surprise. I'm about to send my TW5 off to Ohio, I hope all goes smoothly.  I will post updates as the situation develops.

Anyways, if you are still looking for repairs for your PTW, you may want to reach out to Z-shot. After all, for what it costs to get into a Systema, they should give you the royal treatment (in my opinion).
Certified Externals Whore.

Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 06:22:14 PM »
Next time something goes wrong with your systema, ask J.D. Pascany on Facebook. He will take care of you. I own a old school systema ptw m4 2007 version and he gave me a good amount of info on the gun and tuned it up for me. He's experienced with the systema and he's a good guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk