Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chemical protection camo  (Read 10657 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Chemical protection camo
« on: March 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
So guys I've got a fair bit of surplus, and I come across things in trade from gun shows etc. One of the reasons I've got a pile of like new military boots sitting a few feet from me right now;) Well I had some chemical suits, basically the old school charcoal lined, tri color and woodland camo jackets. I knew from warning's from others that they will make a mess. I can't say I was surprised it was messy but how messy was impressive;) For guys not in the know these things put out a black dust that is hard to get off anything. My hands are black right now despite trying to wash them up;) Anyways worthless for me with the liner, and the wife would kill me if I tried to wash it in her washer to get them to the point they didn't loose the dust. So after doing some reading around I decided to cut the liner out of the jacket. Then shake it out good, and used a blow off tool in my shop to get 99% of the dust out of it. Now it's fairly clean I'll likely send it through a wash cycle one of these days when my wife isn't looking just to get the last residual bits out.

None the less I just tried it on a few hours ago after cutting the liner out, and I gotta say it's sort of interesting. Allot of guys don't like them apparently, I sort of do. Sleeve pockets much like new BDU's but more heavily built since it's that rubber coated fabric used in all sorts of mil suits. Two chest pockets that open towards the center which would be fair access wearing a vest, less so with a plate carrier. Mostly though I like the way it's cut, and fits. Maybe it's my build but it's a bit more snug than normal tops, and I think will fit better under a plate carrier. Little longer sleeves which is a plus since I'm pretty dang tall and short sleeves riding up bugs me.

So I'm curious if anyone else has fiddled with these or even cut the liner out etc, so far I'm digging it. And from what I know they are cheap, so it might be a deal if your willing to cut the liner out and clean up the mess;) I did that outdoors even though it's just over 20 degree's today;) So I'm curious to hear experiences, I haven't played with it yet since I just cut it today. And the snow is still heavy enough I'm running ACU till it melts, then I'll transition back to my normal woodland camo for the warm weather.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"