Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Polar star questions  (Read 7601 times)

Martkos

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Polar star questions
« on: March 19, 2016, 06:32:44 PM »
Hi, first I just need to know why my FCU screen is faint. Is it some wires or battery?
Second, I was out at Action Paintball today 3-19-16 and was getting really inconsistant shot to shot accuracy, I have a VFC 420mm barrel with red nozzle and a gold poppet, pro win hop up Flat hoped. Also whats the best thing i can do to improve the accuracy and consistency. Is it some shims? or is it some FCU settings? All replies are appreciated.

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
Re: Polar star questions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 07:47:35 PM »
The barrel and bucking will have more effect than settings.

Start with your alignment first. If that's off, now matter what you do, it's not going get better.

Next try a different barrel and bucking set up. Is it doing the same thing? If yes go back and check your alignment again. If no, then something about your current setup isn't working. Once you have a solid foundation,  then start tweeking  settings.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:58:34 PM by Pagan »

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »
Make sure you have your poppet dwell is high enough. If its not then you will stop sending air down the barrel before the bb leaves and it could create inconsistant shots.

You may also have a air leak in your bucking or a tear, take apart your hopup and make sure everthing is in good shape.

Like pagen said make sure you have good alignment with your nozzel and hopup.

Make sure your barrel is clean and free of oil and dirt.

Is this the first time you used this barrel and hopup?

zephurah

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 05:25:15 PM »
Something I've noticed is that all of these hpa engines, whether it be polarstar, inferno, mk2, etc, don't use a beveled nozzle like most aeg manufactures do. I was seeing problems with this on my inferno, where the nozzle would have about a .5mm play to either side while meshing with the hopup unit. I'm not sure if this is the case with a prowin, but it was causing a lot of consistency problems if the o ring wasn't properly sealing.

Other things I can think of is inconsistencies in hopup pressure, it could just mean that you need to tighten the hopup arm adjustment knob screw.

Another thing I can think of is your regulator not providing consistent fps. Depending on your regulator it may just not be broken in, or it was over lubed, which is quite normal if you purchased from amped.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk