Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Powering a LMG from a vehicle?  (Read 7538 times)

Osprey037

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Powering a LMG from a vehicle?
« on: April 26, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »
Hi guys, to preface my questions me and my friends play airsoft on rather large plots of land and will use trucks to move our teams around. My friend has put a MG42 on his to use as a technical and I have mounted my A&K mk43 on mine. The problem I've run across is that he uses an 11.1 Lipo on his mg42 and I have been told that using a comparable battery would damage my box magazine. My current idea is to run my mk43 off of the 12V dc in my truck using a resistor to drop the voltage to around 10.8v which is what I've heard is the highest power that you can use on my LMG. Based on this my questions are, first is it possible to safely use a higher voltage on an A&K mk43? Second how plausible is it to power an AEG from a vehicles 12v system as previously described? Finally if plausible what alterations would I need to make to my system for this to work?

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Re: Powering a LMG from a vehicle?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:37:58 PM »
Look for a dc-dc drop down voltage converter. It will take the 12v (when a vehical is running the alternator actually outputs 14v) and drop it down to what ever voltage you select based on the potentometer. Make sure you buy one that can handle atleast 15 amps.

Osprey037

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 01:51:23 PM »
I would be wiring it in down stream from my voltage converter to keep a steady 12 volts.

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »
Yeah. The correct order is car battery to dc-dc converter (set output voltage to desired level such as 8.4 volts) then from the converter you will wire it to your gun.