Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A2/Ypsi Longboarders?  (Read 27861 times)

Vic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • He strikes when the iron is hot.
    • View Profile
A2/Ypsi Longboarders?
« on: July 22, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »
Just finally got a full setup and wondering if anyone on here longboards? I like just cruising mostly and some minor downhill.

My current setup is a Wefunk FR38 Deck on Bear trucks with Biggie Hawgz 70mm DIA, 76A Durometer wheels
and some unknown bearings(got all the hardware in a kit off eBay).

I'm also looking for a crew to board with. Either join one, or start one.

I know this is an Airsoft forum, but as stupid as this sounds, I trust my MiA peeps more than people from Facebook or other parts of the internet. Plus I figure if we all love Airsoft, we must have other things in common, enough so to be able to ride together?
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

Chubbs

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: A2/Ypsi Longboarders?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:13:11 PM »
I've got some random Stella longboards deck sitting on Gullwing reverse double kingpin trucks, Stella 70mm 76A wheels and Bones ceramic bearings.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 03:29:25 PM »
Never been a longboarder and I'm a long ways away so won't help on topic;) That said I skated regular boards for years, though I took 10+ years off of that as well. And recently my son started taking an interest in skating, and I've been back on a board again which has been fun;)

That said I don't bounce as well as I used to;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 09:28:18 PM »
Longboarding puts much less stress on your body than skate boarding, assuming you're cruising, especially with a drop trough drop down deck since you're closer to the ground. I would def look into it :)

And Chubbs, are you in the ypsi area?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:29:49 PM by Vic »
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 11:09:51 PM »

40" BambooSkateBoards double tip, drop through blank
Clear griptape
170mm 70degree(?) Tracker Fasttrack trucks
Undertow 70mm/78a wheels
Would have to look up the bearings
1 1/4" hardware (hardware store)
Buffer/tip protectors
And i was playing around with Khiro 70 duro drop through wedges, but it lowered my board so low I got heel drag on some carving haha.

My plans for my current setup is to get some lights on it for my often low light cruises, and some sharkwheels for the rough local roads.

I've been looking into setting up a pumping board. Some Don't Trip Poppy LDP trucks and I've been looking at different decks for something a little more suitable for pumping.

But I definitely have to second that longboarding/cruising is much more relaxed and less impact.

Can't wait to find others in the community that longboard as well.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 11:59:50 AM »
You gonna go the EL Wire route?

And also, I definitely want some of those shark wheels.
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 12:11:50 AM »
You gonna go the EL Wire route?

And also, I definitely want some of those shark wheels.
Yeah, once I have the chance to do some research on it.

And I'll probably support my local skate shop and pick up the Shark wheels they have. Probably some bearings and other stuff too.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 09:34:39 AM »
Your store has shark wheels? Where at?
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 11:10:08 PM »
Modern Skate and Surf in Royal Oak. 12 Mile and Stephenson.

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 11:37:07 AM »
Modern Skate and Surf in Royal Oak. 12 Mile and Stephenson.

Couldn't find the wheels on their website. I'll have to check into my local shop because it's not on their site either.
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 11:59:32 AM »
Ive seen them there in store, and when i picked up my orangatangs, the guy said he had a shipment coming in.

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 08:40:45 PM »
Just put blue EL Wires on my board. Will post when I get the chance.
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »
I can't wait to see how you set yours up. I was actually considering carving out a small groove for the wires to set in and sealed, as to avoid damage and wear and tear from elements. Just an idea. Similar ideas for "headlights" so to speak.

Haven't gotten the materials for everything yet, but I'll probably be creative when I do.

I have turned my old skate deck into sort of a cruiser though. Drilled holes in the nose and tail, wedged and spaced the trucks, and put my old longboard wheels on. A lot more flexible than my bamboo board surprisingly.
Went for a spin and handles rather interestingly. I can post some pics if people like.

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »
I can't wait to see how you set yours up. I was actually considering carving out a small groove for the wires to set in and sealed, as to avoid damage and wear and tear from elements. Just an idea. Similar ideas for "headlights" so to speak.

Haven't gotten the materials for everything yet, but I'll probably be creative when I do.

I have turned my old skate deck into sort of a cruiser though. Drilled holes in the nose and tail, wedged and spaced the trucks, and put my old longboard wheels on. A lot more flexible than my bamboo board surprisingly.
Went for a spin and handles rather interestingly. I can post some pics if people like.

Please do post.

I thought about grooving that edge, would be a terrific idea, but I would want to do it right, and I don't have a table top router.
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 10:38:23 PM »

This deck should be familiar to at least one other forum member, as that is who I got it from originally haha. I would throw long board trucks on it, but didn't want to pull my only set just for this, though it would probably make it a bit more of a familiar ride if it did have longboard trucks. Was more of an experiment than anything, and i was rather pleased/entertained with the outcome.
Also, only 3 bolts because I didn't measure twice, drill once haha.

But for my night light set up, I have just been too lazy to look up parts and such.

How is your El wire setup? What sort of battery connections or battery in general does it take?
When I finally get El wire and LEDs, I'm going to have some sort of battery box and switch somewhere.