Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Abandoned Military Game in the UP  (Read 11261 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Abandoned Military Game in the UP
« on: September 20, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »
So guys I'm posting this to gather interest. This game if all the elements come together would likely occur next spring/early summer time frame. I'm not the host, I'm helping with some of the background stuff and the info is still very premature. This has been a long standing project still waiting on approval from the owner of the site etc. Hopefully that portion will come together in the near future and planning can start in earnest.

But the basics are this, an OP in a very remote area in the UP it would be around a 9ish hour drive from the Detroit or Grand Rapids area. Site is around 80+ acres from memory, lots of buildings around 80 houses along with all the ancillary buildings around the site. Originally this was a military base/facility, I don't want to give more information yet since it's still in planning. But rest assured if it comes to the point we've got the OK then much much more site information will be available. Locally I suspect there are anywhere between 50-75 players plus players willing to make the trip. The game would be a scenario game, what I would call milsim lite, something akin to a Lion Claws event though without the VIP's, and without the high cost of entry.

I don't have a ton more information right now, though the place does indeed exist, and things right now look pretty good. Once things are actually firmed up and the location is for sure a go, then more information will be forthcoming.

What I started this thread for was mostly to see if there was an interest among you trolls;) Who might want to make the trip up here for a larger game up in the UP. So if your interested feel free to post, I'll keep an eye on this and answer any questions I've got the answer to etc. And just a reminder I'm not the host, I'm host adjacent since the site isn't anywhere near my location either. It's a fair bit of a drive but I do know the guys looking at the site etc. And they are involved in our small community up here, this will be a legal legit event insured etc. So no issues on that front, it's very far from any sort of town etc. So there aren't any issues at all on that side of things if anyone is concerned. And it will be sanctioned by the local government etc.

So how many guys want to make a road trip next year to a really cool site that is absolutely in the middle of no where;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Midgard Airsoft

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned Military Game in the UP
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »
hello i just introduced myself today but i am from manistique is there anything me and my guys can do to help make this happen

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 02:46:50 PM »
Welcome just saw your other post now. On UP Airsoft as a whole we've got a section here for events and whatnot though right now it's been pretty slow on larger scale stuff and thus I haven't been posting smaller events here since I don't want to clutter things for the majority of players who wouldn't want to make a long trip for a smaller game.

I'll post some more info on the other thread not to clutter here. But if this event goes forward you guys are more than willing to come but do beware I'd recommend coming out to my field here in Channing, or a game at STFU before hand to get an idea the level of guns most guys are using etc. Wouldn't want you guys to make a long trip only to be very outgunned and not have as much fun etc. Also though quite a few of us have larger collections of guns and are more than willing to lend them to new players for games etc, on the condition that if they break something they will pay to replace/repair it etc.

Luke

Dime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:54:40 PM »
This sounds pretty awesome, myself and a couple friends would probably be willing to make the journey. Please keep us updated on this. Just curious, but would there be camping on site also?

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 09:05:09 AM »
Depending on the date, I'd make the drive for this.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »
Not sure on camping on site but I'm hoping so. That's gonna be one of the things covered in the final bits of permission.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 04:09:02 PM »
Man, I'd love to attend this.....but that 9 hour drive on top of my other 9 hour drive just to Michigan ain't gonna happen haha. Sounds amazing! If it happens please somebody take pics!
(So I can see all the awesome airsoft I'm missing. )

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 03:30:06 PM »
Well I'm hoping if this initial game/games goes well it should be an ongoing site for future games. And maybe some larger scenario games if there is enough interest. Really we're around 3-4 hours drive from Wisconsin on this site, and around the same from Minnesota as well. So really it's possible the draw might be from further out as interest is generated etc. Once I've got final OK that the site is in play I can post some photo's and video that I've dug up about it last year when this all started. We were supposed to be there already, but health issues copped up with the organizer so now we've got another guy running the group there and picking up where things were before.

But on the game itself certainly expect some gopro footage of it along with some promo shots of the site, videos etc. Since if this actually does come together I think the site will be something truly interesting to allot of guys. I'm super excited about it, but I've been excited for a year waiting on news;) So hopefully in the near future we'll know and start planning in earnest towards an actual game date.

And Voodoo you can just ride up to meet someone downstate then ride the rest of the way with them, problem solved;)

Take care!

Luke