Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: *****POSTPONED***** Matrix Saturday 8-13-16 ***NIGHT GAME***  (Read 15584 times)

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
unfortunately we will be forced to postpone the game for at least a few weeks. This is for everyones safety, greg (the owner) went out to the field a few days ago and discovered that the ground is infested with hornets nests through out the field. for the last few days he has attempted to remedy the problem by himself and made a little headway but it will not be enough to keep everyone safe during the game, greg does not want to risk anyones health over a game.

This news is terrible for us as this would of been our largest attended game to date and we wish we could avoid canceling it but it is just not worth the risk of hurting someone.

Greg will be getting the issue sorted out as soon as possible and once the field is safe for us to resume gameplay we will set a new date. Greg has been on the phone all day with exterminators and getting quotes. The exterminators said that the hornets are making nests in the ground this year due to the extreme dryness we have been having. The good news is that if greg is unable to get rid of them on his own, the hornets will naturally leave the area as the cold weather comes around the end of september. so that is the latest we can expect a game. with luck we will get one much sooner then that.

Again we regret to postpone the game but it is in the interest of safety and that always comes first at matrix.

Questions and Concerns:
Please message Kjones with any questions, concerns, comments, etc. As a last resort you may use this phone number to contact Greg, 1-734-757-5129. Please only use the phone number if you absolutely need it, use Kjones on MiA as a resource first. For example, if you can't find out where to park on the day of the event, call the phone number.

When: Saturday 8-13-16, 6pm - 1am. Gates open at 5 pm. Sunset for this day will be at 8:35 PM. We will play a few games before darkness then take a quick lunch then resume at sunset.

Cost: $20 For the whole day.

I notice on Google Maps it says it's a pet care place, which it is, the man who owns the land runs a dog training school or something, but that's the real location that I provided and there IS an airsoft field there.

Gameday Sequence of Events:
Gates open: 1700
Check-in/pay/gear-up: 1700-1800
Gameplay will begin at: 1800
Lunch: 2000-2030. short lunch, then back into action.
Gameplay will end at : 0100

Pictures:
http://miairsoft.proboards.com/thread/50008/matrix-7-14-lot-pictures  ***
http://imgur.com/a/h9tWx   ***

*** these pictures are a few years old and the field has seen major improvement since then, many more things have been added and new structures have been built. Ill work on updating the pictures to its current version.

This will be a night game, The game play will start at 6pm, we will have 2 hours of daylight game play then a half hour lunch, then we will resume at 8:30pm. Sunset for this day will be at 8:35 PM. The games will run until 1 am.

Greg will make a bon fire for everyone's enjoyment, feel free to bring the equipment to cook your lunch or smores over the fire. 

We will have a few game styles that are unique to a night time game that everyone has enjoyed at past night games.

NIGHT TIME RULES:
*Once night time games begin all replicas will be restricted to semi only, this is to eliminate over kill and to increase everyone's safety.
*A Red glow stick is required to act as a dead rag, once you are shot pull the glow stick out and place it in a visible place ( like top of your head)
*you should bring a flashlight too.

Requirements:
-BUG SPRAY
-Barrel condoms, magazines out, and safety ON in any and all safe zones! No exceptions.
-FULL SEAL goggles REQUIRED. NO MESH GOGGLES WILL BE APPROVED FOR PLAY. No exceptions.*
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4UZH67BYoOARk5sUnVGZUY5OHl2UjJXenRGdHVwNlR2YlNn/edit must be signed and will be available on site and online to print out for your convenience. Anyone under 18 MUST have a parent signature.

-ALL MIA Standard FPS requirements apply!*

OUTDOOR/OPEN FIELD ENGAGEMENT LIMITS
• 1.0 - 340.9 fps - Arms length engagement limit

• 341.0 - 400.9 fps - 20 foot engagement limit

• 401.0 - 540.9 fps – 50 foot engagement limit, bolt action or permanent* semi-auto replicas only

• 541.0+ fps - Prohibited or allowed with permission of event organizer only

*Permanent semi-auto refers to replicas that do not have full-auto fire capability, no matter how the selector switch or other user input device is manipulated.[/font]

Rules:

1) Don't be a dick.
2) Call your hits.
3) Play with respect and honor.
4) Have fun.
5) Meet new friends.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:40:07 PM by kjones734 »

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
Re: REC: Matrix Saturday 8-13-16 ***NIGHT GAME***
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 12:15:05 AM »
We had a large turn out at our last night game so we will require people to sign up for this event since we will be setting the player cap at 50. This is first come first serve. Since this is almost 2 months out you may sign up maybes but they must be confirmed no later then July 13th or they will be removed and there slot given to a person that is confirmed as going.

Roster:
1. Kjones - himself
2. Kjones - tony
3. Kjones - ryan
4. Kjones - E.T.
5. Kjones - jordan
6. Kjones - pickles
7. Kjones - eddy
8. Twayne -Blake
9. Twayne - mark
10. Twayne - tom
11. Twayne - thomas
12. Mike L Jones
13. Tyler Peterson
14. Anthony D. NIdo
15. Aaron Walker
16. Valerie Walker
17. Matt Brown
18.Jacob Linnebur- desert 3 color.
19. Joe - green camo
20.Martez Maddox
21.Xavier M Dottery
22.Joseph Merrick II
23. Jeff
24. Jeff jr.
25. Steve.
26.James Haney
27.Frag3K
28.Frag3K - devon
29. Zachary
30 brannen
31.open
32.open
33.Kathryn Valenti
34.George Jacob Pastor
35.open spot
36.Dylan anstine
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:12:28 PM by kjones734 »

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 12:19:18 AM »
I am starting to get a lot of interest and will be adding names to the roster once some guys get back to me with there confirmed #s I have at least 10 more people that will be added soon once they finalize. So if you are currently interested you may want to decide soon and secure you spot before we book up.

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 10:18:17 PM »
I have finally figured out how to create a map of the field.

All the highlighted island are all well developed and very playable. Our field owner greg has been working his tail off to put some really nice touches on the fields. All fields are interconnected and we will be running games across all 5 islands during the night time. I am putting the final touches on a scenario for the night time game play. The action should be very intense and some strategic thinking will be required to be victorious.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:22:00 PM by kjones734 »

walkera994

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 10:15:45 PM »
I plan on attending with my wife. My name is Aaron Walker & my wife is Valerie Walker. I'm inviting at least one other friend, as well.

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 12:34:04 AM »
Sounds great, I have added you and your wife to the list. let me know when you friend confirms so I can get him added to the roster as well.

evolution airsoft of mich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
will teams be tan and green or dark and light?

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 05:36:04 PM »
As of now there is not any set teams. I do my best to divide up the teams based on camo colors and fill in the voids with the miscellaneous camos.

If people on the roster would like to put up what color camo they will be wearing we can get a rough idea of what people will be wearing. I know me and all my guys will be wearing green or civilian.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »
Me and my friend will be attending my name is Jacob Linnebur and my friends name is matt brown. I will most likely be wearing woodland marpat but I do hope on getting multi cam so we can be on the same team and matt brown will be wearing multicam

Rapterman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 03:58:04 PM »
Sir,
How many acreage is your play field?

Thank you

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 05:03:48 PM »
My estimate is 10-15 acres of cleared playable field. There is about 10 more acres that are not cleared or reguarly played on but if your willing they are fair game. The only real boundrys are keep well away from the roads and away from the house and safezone.

It take about 5 minutes to walk from one edge of the field to the other edge.

Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 11:51:15 AM »
I will be there. Green team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 10:47:46 PM »
I have a correction on my last post Jacob Linnebur will be wearing desert 3 color.

Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »
We are going to try to make it to this event before Jeff goes back to MSU.

I cannot commit 100% yet, so I understand if you cannot hold 3 spots.

Look forward to catching up with you all.

Cheers,
Jeff, Jeff & Steve

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
Jeff ill add you 3, you guys always have a spot no matter what, i would raise the cap to 53 before turning you away lol. I really hope you can make it, it has been too long since i have seen you guys.