Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Very cool AEG design made in the USA  (Read 8610 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Very cool AEG design made in the USA
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:19:00 PM »
So I came across this and it's a few weeks old but I haven't seen anyone talking about it;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LJYtYn7x0A&feature=youtu.be

So basically it's an AEG but it also has a precocking system with a sear. From what I understand looking at it and watching the video. At first I actually thought it was an open bolt design firing going forward from the sear. But further looking the cylinder(fake bolt), basically draws the piston to the rear cocking it onto a sear, then returns forward either by spring or cycle, I'd assume spring since it supposedly uses normal gears. So basically the cylinder is the loading mechanism cocking the piston and moving like a piston would in a typical AEG. But then when the trigger is pulled the piston flies forward shooting the BB, and I'm guessing a sensor or switch of some sort initiates the action cycling it to the rear repeating the process.

Overall this is actually not far off an idea I had, however I had no way to build it;) So I'm pretty interested to see how this goes. The downside is of course the price I heard around $1300 which is way out of my airsoft budget. But the concept is cool, and if the build quality is there I can see this being a 600-700 dollar gun that would be popular. Or possibly a conversion kit since I don't see a massive issue with the form factor etc of their box. They'd need a proprietary hopup chamber and a few other bits but it seems possible.

Either way this is a super interesting bit to me, it's got some of the realism of GBB but with the reliability hopefully of an AEG. Additionally cool is bolt lock back, along with the ability to use standard AEG mags. Both are things I would love to see happen across the board but this looks like the best implementation I've seen along with probably a great training platform for CQB with LEO environments etc. So we'll see where this goes but I'm excited, it's a cool idea and I hope it takes off and is reliable.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Very cool AEG design made in the USA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:20:24 PM »
I saw this not long ago and was similarly intrigued.  Very curious to see the internal system a bit more clearly. I additionally think this would be plausible if it can manage to be closer to the 600-700 mark. But only.if the performance can hold up appropriately.

Definitely love the ingenuity and new designs coming out.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread