Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commerce Responsibility and Information (Please Read)  (Read 8169 times)

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
Commerce Responsibility and Information (Please Read)
« on: December 27, 2018, 05:02:50 PM »
All users are encouraged to read this section before posting.

First and foremost it's not Michigan, Indiana, or Illinois Airsoft selling items, it's individuals. We can't control effectively who uses this area, so if someone posts something for sale someone on staff may know that person but more often than not we don't. And since the platform as a whole is far less active than it was in the past there is little way to know the guys selling. As a buyer or seller it's your responsibility to protect yourself and do your best to check into guys. But at the end of the day there is always an element of risk to buying and selling and by using this you assume that risk.

Second, use paypal when possible DO NOT USE FRIENDS AND FAMILY, honestly I know guys don't want to pay the fees etc. But if you use Friends and Family you get ZERO paypal protection. Is it fine most of the time yeah, until it isn't. I've had guys I trusted fail to deliver using friends and family I have zero need to ever use it again when buying something and I'd highly recommend you not using it either.

Third, if possible meet up in person to be able to look over the gun. In almost all cases I've bought a used airsoft gun something has been wrong that wasn't disclosed. Sometimes the guy knew, sometimes he didn't have the experience to know, and who knows what accounts for the other times. But being able to check out the gun/gear in person solves that problem. Also if possible go somewhere you can see it shoot and hear the mechbox if applicable etc. If you can't then take a note from the guys online who show a video of the gun functioning, then you can hear, and see some more things than pictures will show you.

Last but not least if a deal sounds too good to be true then please exercise additional caution. I know everyone wants a deal but just like you're unlikely to "get a million dollars by filling out a facebook quiz" it's highly unlikely you'll see an $800 gun for $100 in perfect working order. I'm not saying it doens't happen, but it's infrequent so if you see a good deal put up your shields a little harder to insure you're protected. And keep in mind while we all enjoy the hobby at the end of the day look out for yourself as no one else will, it's your responsibility to try and insure things go well. .

~ Copied from the MiA commerce section by Luke213.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 09:23:13 PM by Canto »