Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many mags do you carry?  (Read 20161 times)

APOModern

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
How many mags do you carry?
« on: June 23, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »
I find myself carrying 4+1 mags for both pickup games and longer games alike with just more ammo rather than more mags.  Thoughts?

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: How many mags do you carry?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 04:27:24 PM »
I just played Throwdown V with 5+1 +1 buddy mag. I don't reload mags on the field generally, so the amount works quite well for me.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 01:08:01 PM »
For me personally it all depends on the event. If they allow a specific number I carry that many. If they're more open to how many you can carry I try to stash extra loaded mags in my assault pack, GP pouch, or hydro carrier. I try to get the most out of experience and don't like wasting time going back to reload mags. On top of that I carry extra for teammates. But I guess to put a number out there I usually run a standard combat load of 7 mags for my primary, and I usually have 3 or 4 pistol mags. If I run my G19 I have 3 standard mags and 1 50rd extended just in case haha.

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 02:20:26 PM »
For me personally it all depends on the event. If they allow a specific number I carry that many. If they're more open to how many you can carry I try to stash extra loaded mags in my assault pack, GP pouch, or hydro carrier. I try to get the most out of experience and don't like wasting time going back to reload mags. On top of that I carry extra for teammates. But I guess to put a number out there I usually run a standard combat load of 7 mags for my primary, and I usually have 3 or 4 pistol mags. If I run my G19 I have 3 standard mags and 1 50rd extended just in case haha.

I run a gbbr and use 4+1 primary and 2+1 secondary and never run out of rounds during a regular game, but I think it's because I KNOW I'm using a gbbr and have less ammo and firepower so I subconsciously play below my potential.  I'm wondering if I had more mags, I'd be more inclined to do more/as much as I do with an AEG. 

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
I use 3-6 mags depending on the game and where I'm playing is usually good.

Dime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »
I carry six mags, plus one in the rifle. I usually only fire semi-auto and I can pretty much make it with that most of the day.

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 03:23:27 PM »
I carry six mags, plus one in the rifle. I usually only fire semi-auto and I can pretty much make it with that most of the day.

The whole day?  Dang.  I can't imagine lasting all day with my gbbr at 38rds a mag haha.

Dime

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 04:20:26 PM »
Yeah it's a little easier with 120 round AEG mags

VooDoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
Yeah it all depends on what type of game and your role. If I'm running in a recon element or more of a leadership role then I run MAYBE 4 primary mags and 2 secondary. Normally if I'm trying to get all over the field and sling serious plastic and get tons of missions I run my full combat load.

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
Yeah it all depends on what type of game and your role. If I'm running in a recon element or more of a leadership role then I run MAYBE 4 primary mags and 2 secondary. Normally if I'm trying to get all over the field and sling serious plastic and get tons of missions I run my full combat load.

What is your "full combat load' then?

VooDoo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »
7 mags for my M4, and 3 for my pistol. I'm just used to training with those numbers so I run them in airsoft.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:59:57 PM by VooDoo »

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 07:38:49 PM »
7 mags for my M4, and 3 for my pistol. I'm just used to training with those numbers so I run them in airsoft.

I think I ran something similar when I had an AEG.  Eventually, I want that for my GHK M4, but ya know... money

VooDoo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 08:56:36 PM »
I feel ya. If I ran a GBB I'd start out with 4 probably. It helps that I have somewhere between 20-30 AEG mags haha. I pick them up when I find good deals. I've got E-Mags, P- MAGS, hex mags, MAG metal mags, and Elite Force mags. And that's just my M4 style mags haha. Don't even get me going on my SR25, AK, SCAR-H, M40A3, and pistol mags haha.

***EDIT*** I just realized I have a problem haha.

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »
I feel ya. If I ran a GBB I'd start out with 4 probably. It helps that I have somewhere between 20-30 AEG mags haha. I pick them up when I find good deals. I've got E-Mags, P- MAGS, hex mags, MAG metal mags, and Elite Force mags. And that's just my M4 style mags haha. Don't even get me going on my SR25, AK, SCAR-H, M40A3, and pistol mags haha.

***EDIT*** I just realized I have a problem haha.

Too a degree, yes.  But you are prepared at least.  I think I'll get a belt before I get more heavy GHK Mags

Phantom G3

• I’m oldschool. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 07:40:37 PM »
Normally, I run the standard combat load of 7 primary mags and 3 secondary mags. I’m used to that amount too. I also have a GBBR so I know what it’s like trying to stay low key and be mindful of firing, haha.
Phantom G3 www.miairsoft.proboards.com (old site)