Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GBB M&P Shield?  (Read 23493 times)

BoredKender

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • Asshats Never Die
    • View Profile
GBB M&P Shield?
« on: August 17, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
I know this is kind of a dead sub, but I have been out of the loop for even longer. Has anyone produced any GBB M&P Shield replicas? My EDC is a Shield .45 and I would like a GBB to help maintain muscle memory for when I can't make it to an actual range.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: GBB M&P Shield?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 12:03:12 PM »
So I believe someone did build one the problem I think you'll run into is using the same gear because the size was scaled to the 9/40 rather than the slightly larger 45acp variety. Depending on what you run for a holster etc, it may or may not work for draw and fire practice but will give you a familiar feel even if slightly off size wise.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

BoredKender

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • Asshats Never Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 12:21:08 PM »
Yeah I pretty much have that problem with my RS as well. Haven't found anything made for the .45 in specific so it's either 9/40 or universal. I can't even find any mags locally!

Can you point me in the direction of the replica?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 12:28:33 PM »
Just took a look and I can find talk about it in 2014 but it's dead air after that, I'm 99% sure I saw a press release probably around that time with a picture of one, I believe VFC was making it. It was around the same time as the Glock 42/43's were being made and getting press.

But right at the moment I can't find that they actually hit the market, but since it's a licensed deal it's very possible that S&W shot down the idea or something between the release and distribution.

So bad news is I don't have a clue if it exists;) But I remember seeing it and thinking "hey that would be a neat training option";)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

BoredKender

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • Asshats Never Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »
I have found instances of the VFC M&P 9c which I have been thinking of buckling down and saying "close enough" since it's kind of a middle ground between my two dailies