Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Long gun storage  (Read 8128 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Long gun storage
« on: June 08, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »
So guys I'm looking for ideas, since I've been back into airsoft my guns have pretty much been laying around my shop without any real organization. I've been looking around online at some ideas for storage, but I'm curious if you guys have come up with something I haven't seen. I've got plenty of room I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to build or make to store them and it wouldn't hurt to be able to display them to a degree as well.

More less just wondering what you guys have done particularly if you've got a fairly large collection, mine isn't huge but I've got 10+ long guns as well as 6+ handguns and wouldn't mind a better means of getting them out of my way but still having them easy to get at for plinking and getting ready for games.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Marauder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 25 Years Old/ Paramedic/ Drunk
    • View Profile
Re: Long gun storage
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »
I know you mentioned that space isn't an issue, but I know that's how my shop started out as well. Then space suddenly became a figment of my imagination. xD

Anyways, here's a nice rotary "lazy susan" style gun canter that I've used before. It's nice because you can build it yourself with relative ease. Just need some good wood (heh) and a little know-how. Should be able to store most LR platforms, you can even bore out one of the slots for a wider bearth if you have an MG or something a bit fatter than a traditional rifle. The cool thing about this stand is that it doesn't take up much room, it's perfect for a corner. Plus it rotates, so you don't need to wedge yourself between muzzles and a wall to get to something. I'd suggest slotting the bottom panel so that you can set your handguns near the stocks of the rifles.

Obviously this would be for replica use only, I'm sure you know to keep your iron monsters locked up tight. ;D

Hope this helps!
"A truly dangerous man, need not mention that he is dangerous."

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »
I've always been a stored in sight kind of guy with both types of guns;) That's how I grew up and it worked fine;)

That's a good idea, I'll take a good close think on that and see what I'm going to do. I've still got them strewn around the shop at the moment but I'm sure one of these days I'll get around to organizing things better. Then I need to build an airsoft work area so I can stop cluttering up my work benches with airsoft projects;)

Luke

Marauder

• 25 Years Old/ Paramedic/ Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
Lol, yeah I heard that. I prefer open-air too, problem is sometimes it inspires bad ideas. But I digress, lol. If you need any help with material or a draw-up for the design, gimme a shout. I don't mind helping out a bit. I'm sure you could figure it out on your own though.
"A truly dangerous man, need not mention that he is dangerous."

Timm

• Old school member
  • Swiggity Swooty I'm coming for that booty, Mon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »
i browse airsoft sites for deals on gunbags. I think im up to 5/6 long gun bags. Some hold 2, some hold 4. Easy storage and transportation to and from games.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »
Well I typically use hard cases for transport but I don't use them for storage, I've had some corrosion issues in the past etc, enough to avoid storage in cases. I could use descant to avoid some of those issues but I still rather keep them in the open.

I did make a change and hung some peg board and got most of my collection up there, but right now it's not in the best location so I'm going to be making some more changes. I need it to be located where it's close to where I'm working on guns or they just end up leaned in the corner near my work bench. So I'll build a new work bench for airsoft specific stuff, and that will be close to the gun storage which should make things work better;)

Luke