Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best performing M4A1 AEG  (Read 6391 times)

Gimpalong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
Best performing M4A1 AEG
« on: October 20, 2016, 03:20:19 PM »
Hi guys,

I know there's been some recent talk about the "top dog" M4 platforms on the market (http://www.miairsoft.org/index.php?topic=1002.0).

The consensus seems to be that the Krytac line offers the best bang for the buck.

But... what if someone wants just a plain-jane M4A1, CQBr, etc AEG? I'm talking about an M4 with standard FSP, KAC rail... your basic "SOPMOD Block I" type configuration.

Is it best to just buy a G&P/VFC and then spend a bit extra to do some upgrades or is there a particular brand that makes a pretty competitive "basic" M4?

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Best performing M4A1 AEG
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »
I would have to stick with VFC for this one. They were solid in the past, with fantastic externals. And their newer remakes are including things like slightly better pistons/tappet plates, mosfets, and other updates.

King Arms has been coming with quick change spring guide gearboxes.

Ares have been getting worse with their EFCS picky-as-all-hell mosfets.

Don't remember if G&P have been stepping up with minor updates and mosfets, but they would probably be my second choice.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

m4everybody

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »
Well VFC still makes their m4 a1 in a basic railed config but I personally like the even more basic m4 with an LE stock and handgaurd with a carry handle. That config, i believe G&P is probably the best performer. They are going out of style rather quickly, i wonder how long they will be on the market.
" From the ground to the ground. Blood, shit, tears, and oil all puddle in the depths of hell anyway"-

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:49:48 PM »
I mean, with the M4A1 "going out of style" the demand would decrease, stock would probably sit for a bit, so they would still be around.

But I highly doubt they will completely phase out the classic M4A1.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread