Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Painting guns  (Read 7706 times)

Zaku

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
Painting guns
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:08:41 PM »
For painting an airsoft gun, which brands of paint would be the best? I'm getting a fake wood M14 and I don't like how the fake wood looks like. I doubt my model paints will work on this let alone stand up to the abuse of playing in the field.

Due to I'm just painting the fake wood and not the metal, can I just unscrew a few body screws and slide off the plastic without to much work?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:12:53 PM by Zaku »

bladnik26

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Painting guns
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »
Is it plastic? If so, you're gonna want to go with a brand called "Krylon" and a series called "Fusion". It comes in a variety of earthtones and bright colors. This paint also bonds to metal, so the whole rifle can use it. Runs about $6 a can.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 12:02:58 AM »
I've got experience with the tm clone m14 and it's pretty easy to remove the stock to paint. In the past I've used krylon ultra flat paint for airsoft guns. I've never worried much about how it held up since my guns I like the used look. But generally it's done well. I've used fusion for other projects non airsoft related and it worked well but I'm not sure they offer a matte finish if not I would not use it myself I don't want any shine coming off any painted bits;)

Luke

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Snarf

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 11:00:13 AM »
Krylon and Rustoleum both have a camo series of spray paints that are perfect for airsoft.