Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is there any interest in a Kalamazoo Airsoft MIA day?  (Read 23623 times)

Elvis

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Is there any interest in a Kalamazoo Airsoft MIA day?
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:43:34 PM »
Well, as most of you know Kalamazoo airsoft has a very bad reputation for allowing excessive amounts of children and hot guns through the doors at there games. I myself have always enjoyed going there but the player base there has really started to go downhill, which is a shame because is really is a nice field that they have setup there.

Anyway, I got thinking into it and I came up with a semi decent solution, and that is to have a "private party" or game I guess there, with all the MIA standards enforced and a strict age limit of around 14-16 yrs old, no exceptions. 

I am creating this thread to see exactly how many people may be interested in going, as my friend and I may take up hosting a few games there later this summer but would prefer not to loose our money. If you are intersted in going, please post below!

If we could get around 15-20 people to prepay, we would have almost enough to cover the cost and to play a decent game.

Times the building is available: For Saturday and Sunday, it would be a morning or evening booking at either 7:30am-11:30am, or 5:30pm-9:30pm.

I will likely be hosting games by the end of summer here. remember to post below if you are interested.

Thanks!

-Elvis
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:03:39 PM by Elvis »

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any interest in a Kalamazoo Airsoft MIA day?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:52:33 PM »
Depending on date and final price I MAY be interested with a plus two or three.

Elvis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:28 PM »
It would probably be $15, but if I get a lot of people interested I might lower it to $10. My friend and I are still debating the prices though, but it will either be 10 or $15

Legionnaire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »
Change that age limit to 18+ and I may be interested.

Elvis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 09:00:35 PM »

Change that age limit to 18+ and I may be interested.

Well, I am 16 so there would be a small issue there, but I would be more than happy to change it to 16+

Raptor

• Trade Count: (1)
  • I heavily enjoy memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 11:35:58 PM »
You probably wont get many as that whole place has taken a nose dive. Also for them letting you host and using MIA Standards good luck with that because if I know them as well as I use to they wont let you. That place has left a sour taste with me and most of MIA but like I said good luck and hopefully this works for you.
I've been here for a little while I think.

Legionnaire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 12:53:19 AM »
I'm more concerned about the number of people than I am about age. Rule breakers no matter what age can always be dealt with. The thing that has always turned me off to Kzoo was the hordes of people. When Kzoo first opened under the original owners, it was roughly 8 v 8 and it was an absolute blast. Regardless of what age demographic you can pull, if I can't move 10ft without running into 2 teammates along the way, I'll likely stay home.

Elvis

• View Profile
Is there any interest in a Kalamazoo Airsoft MIA day?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
I'm more concerned about the number of people than I am about age. Rule breakers no matter what age can always be dealt with. The thing that has always turned me off to Kzoo was the hordes of people. When Kzoo first opened under the original owners, it was roughly 8 v 8 and it was an absolute blast. Regardless of what age demographic you can pull, if I can't move 10ft without running into 2 teammates along the way, I'll likely stay home.

Interesting point. I could do a player cap of around 20-30 people, I think that would be a good amount and still would be enough to pay the cost and have a great game even if a few backed out last second.

I do agree with your point though, I have been there a few times when there was only about 20 people total and I have to say, I had more fun with a smaller group than I ever did with a a larger group.

And about them not letting us use MIA standards, I have talked to them in the past and they have let private party's use 400 fps limits before, so I do not think they would mind if we had a stricter chrono at 350.

EDIT: To make it clear, I do not intend to use 400 fps in anyway, I was using that as a example to show that we can use MIA standards (350fps w/ .20's MAX )and they should be okay with it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:56:17 AM by Elvis »

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
Not using MiA standard FPS regulations? That's just unsafe, especially at a CQB/CQC type field...

Elvis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 09:35:31 AM »

Not using MiA standard FPS regulations? That's just unsafe, especially at a CQB/CQC type field...

I am not sure where you saw this, but I thought I made it clear I would be using MIA regulations

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 09:53:42 AM »
I was talking about not using them in general, even with private groups there is always a chance of injury. Higher velocities at closer ranges seem like a bad day. I would be really angry if I got blasted in the face with .28's at 400 FPS point blank.

Raptor

• Trade Count: (1)
  • I heavily enjoy memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »
Canto,
Back when I use to like that place and did a little reffing they were letting sniper rifles that shot 425fps with a .3 out on the field with only a 5 feet limit. As well as bumping up the FPS limit to 360 with a 10fps tolerance so really they let people on that field shooting 370fps double that wita 11 year old using a P* at 45 rps and thats your whole expirence.
I've been here for a little while I think.

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »
Canto,
Back when I use to like that place and did a little reffing they were letting sniper rifles that shot 425fps with a .3 out on the field with only a 5 feet limit. As well as bumping up the FPS limit to 360 with a 10fps tolerance so really they let people on that field shooting 370fps double that wita 11 year old using a P* at 45 rps and thats your whole expirence.

On a close quarters combat type field? Ouch...

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 08:16:51 PM »
OP:Homeland had a max of 366 fps for any weapon and I didn't see an issue with that. (Other than a few select individuals with gas guns.)

Snarf

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 09:40:23 PM »
I'd be interested if there's an MiA day. I've always wanted to go to that field, but I've heard too many horror stories about the swarms of codsofters.