Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How go the games at Hell Survivors?  (Read 10535 times)

Guts and Glory

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
How go the games at Hell Survivors?
« on: March 01, 2019, 06:27:12 PM »
As the title says, I am looking to hear how games are there now since years ago when there was the rift between them and the community after various issues arose during the games Mosin and the gang were running.  I see from time to time game days being stated on their social media pages (I don't have a facebook account so I don't really get to delve into things much) and sometimes that one youtuber organizes games there.  Is it an active group showing up on the stated shared days with their own refs and whatnot or is it just the field opening up for parties?

I would like to get out to more fields this year, and Pickney is closer than most other fields save for my regular in Charlotte.
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika

a1

• View Profile
Re: How go the games at Hell Survivors?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 10:08:02 AM »
I'm off facebook too, so its challenging keeping up with planned events.  I also don't know if there is any one particular person who organizes them... We need to exploit these calendar events and get them on the Events board.

My understanding is that they host games on the First Saturday Sunday of each month starting in April, they use regular paintball refs and turn out is typically weak unless there is an OP or Scenario game or something.   

I talked to the field manager last summer when I was out there for a paintball outing; the consensus was that its an occasionally a potluck of enthusiasts, young kids and experienced players.  I went out there once for a Saturday a year ago, and no one showed up.  Its hit or miss I guess.  There was a game in December that I missed, apparently it had good turn out. 

Are you interested in planning an OP?  I would love to contribute.  Hells Survivors is great for scaled gameplay. Masters course is absolutely treacherous, an incredibly fun challenge. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:16:49 AM by a1 »

Guts and Glory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 03:31:13 PM »
No, I am not one in a position to run a game myself.  The December game was likely the one put on by Airsoft Alphonse, hence the numbers.  I kinda figured what you said was the case, guess I just have to see if I can get out to a field farther away then.
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika

kewldude007

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Jack of most trades, master of a few.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 07:37:45 PM »
on previous visits an employee told me they have airsoft the first weekend of every month which corresponds with how Alfonse routinely hosts there on the first saturday of most months starting at 10am
Jack of most trades, master of a few.

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 11:29:00 AM »
I'm keeping my eye out for organized events at Hells this year. I'd like to get out and try them. My friends are old-school (like actual older dudes) who played paintball for years and Hell Survivors was evidently a staple for them. They have nothing but good things to say about the field itself. So we'll see, as long as there is a decent host, I'm looking forward to checking it out this year. 

I feel like its been months since I've seen anything from Alfonse? Did the guy fall off the face of the earth? Anyone know hime personally? Is he okay?
Certified Externals Whore.

Centurion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »
According to his youtube channel, he's been playing doing a lot in other states for airsoft. I hope he does some more Hells weekend games soon though.

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 07:35:25 PM »
He used to be pretty active on the Michigan Airsoft Facebook page. He seems to have disappeared from there. I don’t follow his YouTube, I’d just see his videos from time to time when he’d share them there.
Certified Externals Whore.

Centurion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »
Its last week of college for many kids soon, I hope he starts hosting and being active after that.