Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AAR: Bastards Rec Game @ Dirty Paintball 9/24/16  (Read 10354 times)

Guts and Glory

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
AAR: Bastards Rec Game @ Dirty Paintball 9/24/16
« on: September 24, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »
I'm a bit muddled from the after game drain still (had to go help clean a church right as I got home), but just want to give a shout out to all the folks that came out today, and to The Bastards for herding us cats around all day.   ;)

I enjoyed meeting all sort of players today, by hand and of course by fire.  It kinda seemed that the small gaggle we had fitted the field areas well, as even the speedball zone felt good once we went into the bomb game mode.

To my fellow Ruskies, a toast to you, you made Potat proud!  Glad to meet all of you (did not expect to see so many cousins when I turned back from the chrono area), and I'm glad I was able to help out, and for you all in return to put up with me.  That two man ambush in the ridge line will forever be a grand airsoft memory for me.  I am also now convinced at how well Yagel is in Michigan woodland.  I'll have to pick a suit up sometime.

Anyways, thanks again for a wonderful day!
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika

DemonEyesRakka

• View Profile
Re: AAR: Bastards Rec Game @ Dirty Paintball 9/24/16
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 11:30:49 PM »
This might be the best game I've gone to all year. You guys rock, tons of fun, everyone seemed to get along, played all day in perfect weather.

Those crazy ruskies.

Props to Dirty Paintball for letting us field there, and The Bastards for organizing!

Combat Junkies Airsoft

• Combat Junkies Squad leader and co-founder
    • View Profile
    • Combat Junkies Airsoft
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 02:54:25 PM »
Bummed I couldn't make it out. How is the field?

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 05:50:25 PM »
I showed up for the afternoon and had a good time. The field is pretty decent, maybe others have some pics to share. They have a couple different fields that can each accommodate small short games. Anything more than about 25 people and the individual fields would probably get kinda crowded. The fields are adjacent to each other so in theory they could be used together to support a larger game. The land is mostly wooded with barricades, etc here and there for hard cover and a couple old cars in the back field. The speedball area is a bit too small to keep me entertained for long but I had a good time during the last couple games we played there.

I had a good time overall, turnout was decent but it seemed like things were winding down a bit by the time we showed up. Everyone had already played several games already so that's understandable I guess. Attendance dropped as it got later and the last game we played on the speedball field was only 2v3. I had fun overall and would definitely go again since the location is convenient for me.

a1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »
Great field, great players, great refs.  Worth the $20.   Really enjoyed the hill assault field with the creek running through, it was nice to get wet again. ;)