Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AAR: Operation: Firestorm VII (10/21/2017) @ HITW  (Read 9267 times)

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
AAR: Operation: Firestorm VII (10/21/2017) @ HITW
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »
Operation: Firestorm VII (10/21/2017) After Action Report

Operation: Firestorm VII Photo Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tuUs0dnr9H6wxD1I2

I'm glad to see so many people coming out and enjoying the great autumn weather we had on Saturday! Total player count including non-uniformed in game event staff and late arriving players, we had a little over 90 playing participants during the event.

To all the first timers that came out; we sincerely hope you had a great experience playing with us and hope to see you again soon. Our field this time of year is a Michigan Airsoft classic and this event is an autumn tradition for us.

To all the familiar faces; it's good to see so many of you out on Saturday. A lot of you I haven't seen in awhile and it's always good to catch up. I'm glad to see so many of that come out for Firestorm every fall and we're happy that you decided to run up and down our ridges for the day.

I heard a few incidents of friendly fire during the day (nothing excessive though). I'm glad to see participants coordinating amongst themselves and their teams for identifying friend from foe by using codewords. It's helpful for those that lack radio communication or are very new to the sport.

I heard a few incidents of players not calling hits as well. Nothing major at all, which is nothing new. However, this is normal for an event. I'm glad to see the great sportsmanship from everyone this weekend!

At the end of the day, tan team (South Korea/United States) won the event by two objective points. Otherwise both teams were decently evenly matched in terms of firepower, numbers (green outnumbering tan by 6-8, in part two after lunch) all day long. Both teams fought extremely hard throughout the entire event, with each giving the other a run for their base(s) and territory.

Thank you to everyone that decided to come out and enjoy the beautiful weather at Hole in the Wall Paintball on Saturday. We sincerely hope you had a great experience with us and hope to see you again on the field soon!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:52:33 PM by Canto »

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
Re: AAR: Operation: Firestorm VII (10/21/2017) @ HITW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »
Awesome pics! Gosh I miss playing out there!

QueenBee

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: AAR: Operation: Firestorm VII (10/21/2017) @ HITW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »
This was a blast, and my team had a great time. Thank you Jon Conolly for hosting!
Highlights for me were the rugged terrain which added a lot of challenge! Team dynamics for green were a little sketchy at first and we could have been more organized, but we went to sling plastic and there was no shortage of that, so I'm happy  ;D