Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elite force 1911 thoughts?  (Read 14724 times)

Ajax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Elite force 1911 thoughts?
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:09:17 PM »
So I've recently been looking at the elite force 1911 as an alternative for a sidearm that will work well in cold weather. While researching, I heard virtually nothing bad about it; except for several reviews saying its prone to break (due to it being co2) and that spare parts are hard to find or proprietary. So I figured I would ask you guys what you think of the 1911 by elite force, and if you don't like it, any suggestions on what pistol/brand I should look into.

My current sidearm is the KJW p226 and it works allright but I tend to only get 10 shots or so out of a single mag and I would like to remedy that, either by solving the issue or by buying a new gun.
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
Re: Elite force 1911 thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:18:57 PM »
I'm no expert on gas guns and I know almost nothing about elite force  (but iirc they just rebrand everything) but one thing I always look for is parts compatibility. One thing I've learned is that pretty much all airsoft guns are crap in one way or and you will inevitably have to fix this or plan on replacing it altogether. Generally fixing it is the better option if you are patient enough to do the research and work yourself. With that being said, buying a gun with proprietary parts really limits your options for repair and upgrades. I see no reason to go from a TM compatible platform to one that isn't. If your 226 is only firing 10 shots in warm weather than something is clearly wrong. If it's doing a full mag in warm weather but only 10 shots in cold weather then it might just be a temperature issue.

Puma1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:52:08 PM »
I've used the KJW P226 Cos mags before in cold weather.  They work great.  I could usually get two mags off a single co2 (like 45 shots if i remember correctly) in roughly 10-15 degree weather.  They may cost more initially than the green gas mags but I've found that buying two of them gave me a sidearm I could use all year round and that was well worth the 60$.

It's totally a personal preference though.  As far as my thoughts on the EF 1911: it's a good gun.  However, in the off chance you break it you're left with basically two options: 1) Buy somebody else's broken gun and salvage the parts you need or 2) Sell your broken gun and use the money to buy another one.  I've known some guys who have had the EF for 3 years without issues and I also know some who barely made it 3 months without needing to repair it.  Totally your call.
King Arms 'CQB' M4 -- King Arms 20" DMR -- King Arms 16" Rifle.
M81, Digital Marpat and Multicam.

My Buy/Sell ratings from 'old' MIA

sophrocide

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 12:54:04 AM »
I have had my elite force 1911 for over a year now and I have only good things to say about it. it has held up great so far for me with minimal maintenence. I have only used it a few times in cold weather but it has always performed well for me in all conditions. I would recommend this as a great overall co2 pistol and/or sidearm.

Dime

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 07:06:54 AM »
Elite Force is also starting to release replacement parts for the 1911. So if you had to fix it, it shouldn't be a big deal.

YooperBen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 09:11:01 PM »
Hey Ajax, I live in the UP where it is very cold and I plan to use an Elite force 1911 as my side arm also. I just ordered it and plan to play within the next month. Ill let you know how it works.

On a side note I have heard a lot of great things about this pistol and a few bad things. As far as I can tell everyone who has had success with this pistol has kept it well maintained ie lubed moving parts and lubed the seals. My guess for the people who have had these guns break down on them are not maintaining them. Try this vid on airsoft ology for Ef 1911 maintenance. 

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »
Hey Ajax, I live in the UP where it is very cold and I plan to use an Elite force 1911 as my side arm also. I just ordered it and plan to play within the next month. Ill let you know how it works.

Generally speaking your not going to have much luck;) I believe there is someone in the MQT group that runs an Elite Force 1911 but I'm not sure who off the top of my head, but pretty much till the mercury goes back up GBB guns are a no go. AEP's pretty much rule the day for winter in the UP, unfortunately the FPS isn't anything to write home about but they do function and if it's going to cover a MED that's all you really need it for;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

YooperBen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »
 I have an idea to build an insulated pouch with hand warmer inserts to keep mags and guns warm until use. The pouch would be made out of some kind of utility molly pouch big enough to store a gun and mags. Do you think with a hand warmer or two the pouch would be warm enough to keep a GBB functioning for a short period of time?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 09:44:35 PM »
It will help some but it's usually not worth the effort for most guys. I've nearly given up on GBB for up here if I'm honest after many years of fighting with them;) I bought this AEP and the dang thing just works well just like an AEG. I ignore it, leave it in a holster and if I charge the lipo once in a while the thing just runs without a single hiccup which is ideal for a backup gun. I guess that's also part of it, what do you want the handgun to be? For me it's a backup, and close up weapon. If I use it close up then likely things have gone sideways since I try to keep distance where I play most of the time. If I need it as a backup things have gone sideways and that's all I've got. Either way I want the thing just to work and just be utterly reliable and despite my best efforts GBB's just don't give me that. I've got around 10 GBB's right now and while fun I seldom use them in a game. One of these days I'll get around to working on them more and trying a few things or swapping to some CO2 to try during warm months as well. But overall I'd say with our climate unless it's hot out they generally will give you trouble more often than not.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"