Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best GBB Pistol, either pre-upgraded or stock  (Read 21313 times)

Omnytrix

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Best GBB Pistol, either pre-upgraded or stock
« on: October 18, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
I'm relatively new to anything airsoft, and from merely browsing the web and sites to buy upgrades, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. As a result, I came here to ask a simple question. In your opinion, what is the best airsoft GBB pistol, pre-upgraded or not, that you can buy for under $150? I've looked at the WE-Tech NG3 system, and while it looks cool, I've heard that it's all a big marketing ploy. Can you please contribute your opinion to this post? Thanks very much!

Greekas

• View Profile
Re: Best GBB Pistol, either pre-upgraded or stock
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »
The KWA USP is one of the best pistols I've ever owned. Bought it new at $150. Never had a problem with it and it served me very well. I've since upgraded to a TM Hi-Capa 5.1, but sometimes I miss the USP.

Omnytrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 11:23:32 AM »
Have you upgraded it at all? What's the fps? Does it have a CO2 magazine available for it?

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »
Myself and a teammate use Echo 1 Timberwolf G17s. What's nice about them is that they are entirely compatible with TM G17 parts, so you can easily upgrade and repair them with any aftermarket parts designed for a TM G17 (Guarder makes nice G17 parts).
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Omnytrix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »
I've seen several good reviews about the echo1 timberland, but if you want to raise the fps, is there a co2 magazine available for it? Secondly, do you know of any retailers that sell pistols already completely upgraded? Or if there are any pistols that come straight from the factory with all the upgrades installed already?

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 05:39:54 PM »
I've seen several good reviews about the echo1 timberland, but if you want to raise the fps, is there a co2 magazine available for it? Secondly, do you know of any retailers that sell pistols already completely upgraded? Or if there are any pistols that come straight from the factory with all the upgrades installed already?
The Timberwolf cannot use CO2. However, I don't know why you would want to raise the FPS on a gun meant for close-quarters. It's a pistol; the velocity that it shoots BBs out at doesn't affect its effectiveness.
I don't know of any pre-upgraded Timberwolfs.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Omnytrix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
What about WE-Tech guns? They have a co2 mag available for them. I'm so focused on co2 because I don't have easy access to green gas or propane, and I already have a ton of 12 gram cartridges left over from a project.

Praetor

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 08:14:57 PM »
The main problem with CO2 is that it shoots too hot to be used up close which is really the point of using a pistol also CO2 puts a lot of wear on a gun.

Omnytrix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 09:29:30 PM »
But aren't certain guns built to handle CO2 right out of the box?

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 09:11:15 AM »
Kwa makes the best pistols in my opinion. Never had a bad one. Forget the c02. Propane all the way. Just save the old cartages for something else and buy a propane adaptor. A bottle of propane is $3 and lasts pretty much forever with a pistol ( atleast 5000 shots) a c02 costs about 50 cents each and lasts around 100 shots. In the long rin propane is a mich better option and the much lower pressure is a lot easier on the gun and wont wear out as fast. Also c02 shoots too hot, if your pistol chronos over 350 you wont be using it in a game so it is pretty much useless.

Omnytrix

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 10:37:21 AM »
Any particular models you recommend? And if you use propane, how do you add the oil into the mix.

Zzan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:42 AM »
I have the ATP and I love it. But as others have said you can't really go wrong with a KWA GBB pistol.

As for adding oil to propane there are a couple of ways you can do it.

1. Buy a propane adapter that has an oil port on it and put a couple drops in the port when filling your mags
2. Buy this and treat an entire can of propane at once (this is what I have and it works great.)

Omnytrix

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
Thank you very much everyone. Looks like I'm going with the KWA ATP. Lastly, any suggestions on the best place to buy one?

Omnytrix

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 10:20:28 PM »
Like should I go to a brick and mortar store, or should I stick to online?

MadBrax

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »
Go to Evike.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk