Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Low FPS build  (Read 15736 times)

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Low FPS build
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 09:38:50 PM »
My Joule count was at about .38 with .20s.

Probably going to short stroke a SSG down to 8 teeth(I already have one short stroked 5, so why not?) Shim it in, and it should work better, over spin/cutoff wise, than the DSG.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 10:05:25 PM »
Very interesting info thanks sir;) That's sort of my expectations as well since with the aep I've run into allot of those same issues. Hopup wise likely I'll throw a soft bucking in there and if it doesn't hop enough I'll just toss in an rhop since I know that will give enough lift and likely drop the fps less than a traditional hopup.

Once I get around to actually doing the build I'll also document my testing on range etc. Since I've got a range setup with folding chairs every 25 yards out to 100. That let's me judge range on various guns well and confirm my various builds to make sure they are doing what I expect.

I did consider a cheap gun I just hate throwing money away on something temporary. In this build I can use mostly good parts that will function now and down the road once it's setup differently.

Take care

Luke

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 04:45:15 PM »
Alright, so I swapped a few things up and tested it some more.

I threw in the shortest, weakest, coils cut spring, that is barely long enough to give tension when sitting in the gearbox. (no flying spring guides lol) Also swapped the piston and cylinder head so thaf AoE was corrected behind the cylinder head. This is still with the 1/2 port G&G cylinder.
That got the system chronoing around 140.

I went and tested that with a soft SHS bucking that i did a quick flat hop mock up with.
And with that, it was barely hitting 75' pretty much full hop, and I had to tilt slightly up at that distance. Not really a flat trajectory... Just a prolonged downward curve haha.

So, i decided to throw in a ball bearing spring guide in, give it a little more tension. As well, i installed probably a 220mm madbul 6.03 TBB.
All this bumped it up to 160 fps.

But this combination has probably the best results of all of the 140-160fps range.
Applying hop, i was actually able to get a flat trajectory for probably 75', and even was able to over hop the bbs. Remember these are only .20s.

But yeah, aside from those items, I threw in a single sector gear short stroked to 8 teeth, all teeth removed on the pickup side. Also swapped out the cutoff lever and some other small parts to try to get semi working, but it is still over spinning like crazy.

And not going to lie, it legitimately sounds like those little mini AUGs or mini m16s. Sounds just like a very low end LPAEG.

This project has been very interesting to say the least.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »
Interesting results!

I actually got my chrono in the mail today so I no longer need to borrow a buddies when I want to test guns etc. So I did some fiddling with a few oddball project guns like my TM AK that had been sitting for around 10 years and got put in a metal body recently with wood furniture;) Well I didn't touch the gearbox because partly I was lazy and partially I figured I'd wait and see what it did FPS wise. Well I chrono'd it today and found it shooting 200fps or so with a .2g and while that means I need to tear into it one of these days and fix what must be a compression leak from the piston oring drying out or at least I suspect. It does shoot 50 yards though it's just starting to drop at that point with a stock AK length barrel.

So very interesting, I'm going to have to fiddle one of these days and see if my results line up with yours. Today should have been that day but instead I fought GBB's all day. And I'm off to start a thread about that;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"