Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Several Glock related GBB questions and problems  (Read 7039 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Several Glock related GBB questions and problems
« on: June 04, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
So I've got a bunch of GBB's and most I honestly despise because they give me fits trying to keep them running. Most are older guns from way back in the day and admittedly allot of issues are leaking mags from sitting etc.

None the less I've got two which I spent most of the day trying to get running that are giving me trouble and I'm looking for suggestions. Note I'm not great with GBB's, I'm fair and can do some stuff but I'm not very good at diagnosing issues etc.

I've got a WE Glock 17 that had a bad blowback chamber. I found a used slide and replaced the blowback chamber with the used one. That solved the problem of gas diverting out the rear of the blowback chamber which helped. But I'm still finding what I would consider weak blowback and allot of temperature sensitivity. IE it doesn't run properly unless it's around 75+ degrees. 60 degrees and it's acting like it's not got enough pressure to cycle the gun properly. I've got 4 working mags, and it seems to follow 3 fully, the 4th is an extended 30 round size which has much more gas volume and seems to do better. The mags are all different ages, so they aren't a set so to speak. But I'm open to suggestions of things to try or what could cause the issues. General behavior is weak blowback, some liquid gas smoking out when firing from the slide etc.

On the other hand I've got a KWA Glock 19, had it forever and over the last year it's never worked properly. I had assumed the slide was just flat worn out. It's got allot of slop and just worked fair when pressure was held against the bottom of the mag while shooting. So I got a parts gun with a slightly broken frame along with some mags. I first tossed the new slide on my old frame since that was my plan and immediately it did the same thing as the old slide though tighter to the frame fit. So I swapped the internals on the slide from one to the other, and the behavior was the same on both slides. So I tried them on the broken frame, and they both functioned but strangely my old worn out slide worked best. So I swapped over the trigger/firing mechanism from the broken frame to my good frame. Has the same issues, seems to function about the same with the broken frame and my internals.

General behavior on the "bad" frame is very weak blowback and venting of gas frequently. On the good but broken frame it works fair, but blowback seems to be weaker than I'd expect.

I'm very open to ideas and suggestions on both, the WE I need to get done and ship out to a buddy since me fixing it was just a favor to him;) And the KWA isn't going anywhere unless I just get completely tired of fighting with it.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"