Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Facebook Michigan Airsoft Group  (Read 8611 times)

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Facebook Michigan Airsoft Group
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »
I'm not completely sure if this is the right sub for this. (Mods if it isn't feel free to move it)

So I'm not a large fan of Facebook never have been. Too many layout changes for me to get used to.  But I would really appreciate if the gear sales would migrate here.  No matter how often I check,  I always miss a gear for sale post .  Facebook randomly shuffles posts around making it hard to double back and contact the seller.
 Just a thought I had while frustrated I had missed a item by two days.
Dr Black

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Facebook Michigan Airsoft Group
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »
Well for selling stuff and other things I personally don't like Facebook either. I'll admit there are things Facebook is good at, and for those things it's pretty nice. But for buying and selling it's like fishing, if you see something in the stream sure, but if you miss something as it went by good luck. And the lack of the ability to organize into something akin to folders makes it incredibly difficult to run back through things.

But that said it's convenience and allot of guys like it, if it were me selling, I'd post a link there to a WTS thread here to cover both bases. But that's just how I'd handle it, and it's up to the guys selling. So long as they aren't selling guns they are pretty much within the rules of the Facebook site.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:17:32 PM »
I too would prefer that. The forum setting is just so much easier to navigate, search, and sell on. The best I have been able to do in guiding others, is just saying, "hey, great website here, post it there" essentially. And since the members on each doesn't quite match up, it's difficult to funnel people here. Facebook is just too easy and convenient for people.

Nice and accurate analogy there Luke.

And yeah, the forum is the easiest thing to keep track of my own thread of items. And editing and visual is just more convenient in my mind.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Dr Black

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 10:02:31 PM »
I thought I was the only one struggling with it. Glad to know I'm not alone.   Maybe if there were a sign up with Facebook option... I just don't see the reason why Facebook decides I should see a two day old post versus a post made ten minutes before I refresh the page.
Dr Black

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 09:40:07 AM »
The lack of chronological order to Facebook has been an irritation to me since they started deciding what to show where several years ago and started hiding the option to view things by date in their app and website version.

I could do a Facebook sign up integration and considered it, but I'm not sure that would help guys to cross over or not. I myself don't think we make it difficult to make an account or login here. So I don't think that's an issue, but other guys might have a different opion since I'm a bit old school.

Take care!

Luke

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »
What about one of those Facebook apps that goes right on the list where your other apps and games are. It could be strictly for selling and buying and it also links back to here. I dont have any clue how to make or implement it but I think it would be helpful. Also if we could get a link in the top pinned post that tells viewers to go here for sales that would be helpful too. I see it almost everyday on Facebook that someone was completely unaware that these forums existed.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 04:59:58 PM »
There is a pinned post on the facebook group already;) It just doesn't show on mobile, which makes it rather useless because Facebook doesn't show pinned posts on mobile(stupid if you ask me;).

On the app not sure anything on that front, I've never developed for Facebook as a platform so I'm not sure how hard that is to do, or if it's possible. But related to buying and selling may be against their TOS.

Luke

Dr Black

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »
I just fear that Facebooks ban on fireams and replicas sales will spread to cover what they consider "military equipment"  or some other generic term to include the gear we use for airsoft. Because then people won't know they can still sell it and their replicas here. 
Dr Black