Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AAR: Bastards Rec Game @ 82nd  (Read 8271 times)

House

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
    • MI Oblast RUSFOR General Interest Group
AAR: Bastards Rec Game @ 82nd
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:41:39 PM »
This past weekend, Mosin and the Bastards hosted their first rec game at a newer field called 82nd Airsoft in Highland, MI. The event ran from 10-5, and was overall very well managed and was a fun experience. The field owners, Mike and Vince, were extremely pleasant and helped the Bastards with admissions, chrono, and were helping on the field as refs. There were about 30-40 players at the peak around 12-3, but due to extreme heat (reaching up to 95) most people didn't stay the entire duration. The players themselves were nice and seemed to be good sports, as it seems there weren't any issues that day. The field itself is made up of a variety of areas such as a military base-type fortification with a trench line and watch tower, there was some elevation change making for interesting firefights, as well as a plethora of natural and artificial cover, such as pillboxes and foxholes. The plan for the field going into next year drawn up by Mosin showcases some really awesome additions to the field and if I can find it i'll link it. This event was probably one of my favorite over the course of the summer which is saying a lot considering I've played almost every weekend. I would definitely love to see this field thrive, especially with Mosin at the helm. Their next event is scheduled for 10/7 so if you get the chance definitely go check it out.
John House
RR313 Probationary Member
Gear Collector

darcness

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: AAR: Bastards Rec Game @ 82nd
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:49:30 PM »
I have to agree with John on this one, this event was certainly a good one.  Despite the crazy high temps, I had a great time and my 38 year old arse managed to stick it out until around 3:30pm.  The staff for the 82nd team was great.  Chrono and registration went smoothly and I really like this little chrono area and range they had set up.  Also rather pleasantly surprising was the amount of stuff they had for sale (at good prices) in their little mobile shop they had set up.  Everything from mags to bb's to full AEG's (new and used).  The event itself went very well.  It was run promptly and efficiently so that we got plenty of trigger time in.  Game modes were varied and enjoyable and the field has a TON of potential.  I'm really excited to attend more events here and hope to see more of you out there.  It's well worth the price of admission.