Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gunner79's Guns (Cont'd) - Piper Precision Products M-134A2  (Read 7381 times)

Gunner79

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Gunner79's Guns (Cont'd) - Piper Precision Products M-134A2
« on: September 20, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »
attaching a couple of photos of the now, completely and professionally refurbished/painted, Piper Precision Products ("P3"), M-134, 'Vulcan' minigun which is being added to my collection. Along with some pretty cool internal modifications/upgrades that enhance it's operational capabilities as well as durability, the minigun now has additional framework and mount points allowing it to be operated utilizing different mount configurations.  She is shipping from the Isle of Man (U.K.) where she was in the collection of a professional airsoft club's owner, who also happens to be a electrical engineer who also is pretty damn good in the local machine shop,  which just so happens to be owned by his best friend! :)

Picture no's 2 and 4 show the completely refurbished/upgraded/painted gun in it's custom wood crate, complete with magazine box and accessories (she will mount as well on my M2 tripod). All other pictures were taken prior to the gun's extensive rebuild,  cleaning and painting.

Guess I better stock up on the 6mm stuf - I am told that she is ferocious when 6mm metal bbs are used (obviously when in use on a target range against non-biological targets, like old TV sets and the like although she is easily 'powered down' by turning down the pressure and using biodegradable high-quality bbs, when field play restrictions are required:)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:07:36 PM by Gunner79 »

Dime

• View Profile
Re: Gunner79's Guns (Cont'd) - Piper Precision Products M-134A2
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »
That is extremely BADASS! You should make some videos of it in action.

Gunner79

• View Profile
Re: Gunner79's Guns (Cont'd) - Piper Precision Products M-134A2
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:14:56 PM »
Thanks Kamerad.   I plan on doing juat that after it's checked in and checked out.  I have a good friend who has a number restored Army vehicles, including a M-151, which has a pedestal mount in the back cargo area on which we can set the gun. Should be a blast, both literally and figuratively!

Re the M-151, we called them Mutts, way back in my service days, circa mid to late seventies.  They were still on the TOE, despite the fact that they were late 50's through '60's-era stuff, extensively deployed in Europe/Vietnam.  My time was a period when the U.S. Army was equipped with vintage stuff, much of it left-over stuff from the VietNam days-not the Abrahms, Bradleys, HUMMVEEs you see now - just upgraded M60 MBTs, M113s (aluminum coffins.....and they really were) APCs and the like . The 151 was a frikking death trap as well (although they had really good fording capabilities) as they rolled waaaay to easily and not just a few guys ended up badly injured or killed by the damn things during off-road use on exercises.  Ah - the 'good old days':)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:31:30 PM by Gunner79 »