Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Would you be interested in buying an MIA patch?

Yep sign me up
21 (95.5%)
Nope not at all
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: MIA Patch  (Read 39309 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: MIA Patch
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 06:58:30 PM »
This one is a pretty big machine 40 Watt CO2 laser with a pretty good sized bed, since for holsters and that sort of thing I'm going to need allot of space. Actually could use more than I have;)

On engraving on mags, I put my initials on mine last night to keep from mixing them up at Irene.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 12:26:48 AM »
And I've been working on a whole lot more stuff, though admittedly not MIA patch stuff I've done a few more tests but honestly I haven't hit on a design that I've tried that I really felt was good enough for the patch. So as mentioned before guys hit me up, I'm happy to run a design through the laser and take a look at it and put it up for other guys opinions etc.

But on the laser I put my first holster out using it today, it was a test piece for me I wanted to see a completed rig run through this, so I came up with a Tribal pattern since I sort of see this as tattooing leather. And this was the finished rig:

So that gives a bit of an idea what this machine is capable of and really this is just scratching the surface I'm sure I'll have some really interesting things coming off it in the near future with more time to put into designs and testing.

Take care!

Luke

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 12:27:52 PM »
Ok ok I'll help you out. I'll try out a demo holster for a Raging Bull. Just saying haha.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 12:41:06 PM »
Another "patch" to share that I made this morning. I had a request from a guy I play with for one and I made this off his idea.

Luke

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2016, 03:21:46 PM »
Just a reminder for guys who've got ideas or designs for patches shoot them off to me, I've got a design I've put a little time into but I'd like to have several options that guys can pick from for this years patch. And then going forward we can always pull designs from the past etc.

I think it would be a good idea to include a year on the patch, then we know approx. when it was made and then we can release a new patch each year. This patch I'd do as either 2016, or 2016-2017 or something of the sort. In my design right now it's 2016 just by itself. I also am not saying release a new one Jan 1st. Just sometime during 2017 is the plan I think right now.

Either way designs and ideas send them over since I've done a ton of new stuff with the laser and I'm getting it figured out pretty dang well at this point. I do need to order velcro in bulk before I actually start making these to send out since I'm planning to glue and stitch that to the rear of the patch to make sure they last long term. But the sooner we've got designs and can work that side out the sooner they can be available for you guys;)

Take care!

Luke

Squib

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 06:48:17 PM »
Pm sent in case you missed it

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2016, 06:47:25 PM »
I ended up on hold today for nearly two hours, so I did the natural thing of working on the patch design. This is what I've come up with so far. This is version 3, likely not the finished version and this obviously isn't cut into a "patch" just engraved onto a piece of scrap to test. The outer circle would be the cut path but I didn't have my air hooked up to do a cut through this thick of material. Also likely it will be a bit wider there, because unless I come up with another plan I'll be stitching the velcro to the leather around the edge. So I'll need enough room to be able to run the machine down the outside.

And I am going to delete my previous post, and post this rather than editing just so guys don't miss the picture etc.

Take care!

Luke

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 09:35:37 PM »
I like it!

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 10:10:39 PM »
Looks nice,  if you decide to go with that design you should hang on to the original.
Dr Black

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 11:24:27 PM »
You mean the original logo style or the first patch? If logo I would like to rework it some but keep it around. Maybe make it slightly more like the old logo we'll see;)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Squib

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
I'd wear that

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Squib

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2016, 11:05:46 AM »
Any updates?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2016, 11:08:23 AM »
Haven't forgotten at all and I've been doing a ton more with the laser since the last post. But this time of year I'm swamped with shop work and of course the whole family has been fighting the flu;)

Plan at this point is early new year doing them in batches of maybe 20 or so and putting them for sale. Then making more as needed. But likely after the holidays things should be a little easier to plan some time to work on this.

Take care

Luke

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Rambomaw

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »
i'd buy some of those patches, just to show my support

m4everybody

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2016, 05:32:52 PM »
How many we thinking? I'd like 3or 4
" From the ground to the ground. Blood, shit, tears, and oil all puddle in the depths of hell anyway"-