Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newbie camouflage question.  (Read 6480 times)

wichaman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Newbie camouflage question.
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:07:24 PM »
Ok so I am a long time airsoft (12 years) player but only just now looking to get into more milsim style events.  I have a really nice Czech Vysadkar loadout that i sniped off of ebay on the cheap that I use along side an Ares Vz. 58 and an ASG CZ P-09.

My question is this: The loadout uses M95 woodland camo which is the current Czech military standard. It is a slight recolor (a little bit more green and less brown) of the M81 woodland camo the US used.  Many event planners have either "3 color woodland" or "M81 Woodland" on the camo lists for one of the teams.  Would I be allowed to wear my M95 camo without causing a fuss? Or should I just bite the bullet and get some ugly russian camo? I would ask the event planners but they have DON'T PM ME ABOUT CAMO QUESTIONS proudly displayed on the event info.

Here is a picture of the camo in question:
http://www.epicmilitaria.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/j/sj-6018-web1a.jpg

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Newbie camouflage question.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:11:12 PM »
Depends on the event and the organizer. I'd buy M81 woodland anyways since it's common and cheap, doesn't hurt to have anyways just in case you need it.

The reason organizers have that on their threads is honestly they get constant questions like this, and at a certain point it just eats up time and energy. Most guys who host events don't do it full time nor really for much of a profit so to speak. So you can look at allot of event organizers as a non-profit type of situation. They typically wanted better games, no one was providing them, or providing them close enough for them to attend so they decided what the hell I'll just start hosting games. There are exceptions but that I'd say is the majority of them. So time they put into answering questions and such is just time they don't have. And there are a million camo's out there, so the concern from the game host is making certain that guys can tell who is on who's team at a glance. While there isn't a huge difference up close in that camo compared to woodland, I don't have a clue what it looks like at a distance or in different lighting. Woodland M81 for instance gets very dark in low light, in shade, and looks like a blob allot in the distance. That stuff you linked might look completely different, may end up looking tan, hard to tell some camo is just plain weird once you get lighting on it and the way it behaves. (Brent101 or something like that on youtube tests camo, watch some of his video's for examples of various weird things camo does in some different environments and lighting).

So maybe, but generally I would save the host the trouble of asking and run M81 or Russian or whatever they are requesting. After you get to know them been to a few games, maybe bring them with and ask what they think. But new guy showing up asking lots of weird camo questions is likely more frustration and time than they need. 

And all of that is my gut response, unless your driving to my events up here 10+ hours away it may be different for other guys;) I'm pretty lenient myself really but that's because we have very limited players and we've gotta make some concessions to keep the players up.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"