Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best hopup chamber in general.  (Read 7491 times)

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Best hopup chamber in general.
« on: October 02, 2016, 01:42:04 PM »
I am making a custom built gun from the ground up. I am building a lanchester. I plan on using a pre-made hopup chamber and I was wondering if any particular type was supreme over all? to explain more, is a vsr-10 chamber more stable then a g36 or a m4? I have a preference for the chamber to be round like a vsr-10 chamber but I am capable of machining any chamber down to fit my needs. I have looked at gbbr chambers but I do not know if any of them are worth a damn, I have a G&P WOC and that chamber is rather shitty and not consistent, I am unsure of the other brands out there.

I plan on doing a step by step of my build so everyone can see, I am planning on making it a HPA gun with as strong as a blowback recoil as I can possibly get. I have the HPA engine already designed and drawn up on solid works, I just need to get the tool makers at my job to run it in the cnc lathe. I have also already began machining the receiver. Ill post my working log in a few days. right now Im just looking for info on a hopup chamber.

this is what I desire my gun to look like once completed.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Best hopup chamber in general.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
Well I think it would likely be easier to use a magazine style fed hopup than a bolt style myself but it depends I guess on how your planning on dealing with that part of the build. Out of the hopup's I've used over the years which covers allot of what is out there I prefer a rotary hopup M4/M16 style to just about anything else. Particularly I like the madbull rotary, it's nice and snug, good air seal and really zero complaints with it. VSR10 hopup's are decent, but I don't really feel they are enough of an improvement practically to do anything that much better than the M4 style. And overall I guess for my 2 cents would be a rotary of some variety likely that madbull.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 05:16:52 PM »
The reason I was thinking of the vsr10 chamber is because they are round and will be easier to mount inside the tube of the receiver. I also like that they use the pistols buckings that have the nice heavy duty rubber seal meant for gas blowback abuse. I have also done some custom work on my hopup chamber for my vsr10 it it preforms extremely well. I just wasnt sure if there was anything amazing out that I was unaware of, I havent been following the tech side of airsoft for the last couple years.

This is where I am currently. I need to cut the windows out and then deburr the inside of the tube. Then I need to get the tool makers to make my internals for me.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:30:01 PM by kjones734 »

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
I would probably go for a modified aftermarket VSR hop up unit with a TDC. For the side feeding mag, unless you have a small tube /system that does a small curve to feed from the bottom, you can like you said, machine out the side, but you will also probably want to machine a small filler piece for where it traditionally feeds.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »
I guess my question in using a VSR chamber would be the chambering of the round. Since on a VSR it's done via the bolt handle I'm not sure how well it would work with an automatic nozzle type of feed. That though depends on what the internals you've got designed look like and how much off the shelf parts your planning on using.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »
A number of HPA systems can adjust the nozzle movement. Combine that with some testing and observing, I don't think it should be too hard to work out kinks.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:24:06 PM »
I just came to realize that I will be feeding the mag from the side and not the bottom, so simply rotating the chamber 90 degrees like I originally planned will not work since it will only make the bb hook left or right. I now must completely make a new one from scratch or modify one to feed from the side instead of the bottom. It shouldn't be too hard , just a oversight.

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »
...For the side feeding mag, unless you have a small tube /system that does a small curve to feed from the bottom, you can like you said, machine out the side, but you will also probably want to machine a small filler piece for where it traditionally feeds.

Modification should definitely be possible to make it work. The only side(ish) feeding hop up units I know of a LMG hop ups, which have a horrible design and hop application. And even then, those aren't 90 degree right angle feeding.

For this project, are you having magazines made? Or will you be using an existing magazine?

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 01:44:46 PM »
 Going to be using mp40/Sten mags since they are the same for the lanchester. I will just machine a custom hopup unit from steel, it won't be too much work and will be able to withstand the heavy abuse I am planning for this gun. I have been testing the recoil system a bit and it is pretty strong, substantially more then a .22lr. I need to make sure everything is pretty robust so the gun don't beat it's self apart.