Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What was your first airsoft gun?  (Read 24155 times)

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first airsoft gun?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 04:10:51 PM »
Now that there are plenty of good and more affordable upgrade options available a pretty awesome sniper rifle can be made fairly cheap. Buy a VSR variant for around $50-75, put in about $250 in upgrades, diy and lots of tuning and you have a gun that can hit out to around 300 feet. I've had a couple VSRs and they are still probably my favorite platform to tinker with and tune. So far I haven't fully upgraded one but it is definitely much cheaper than it used to be.

Gimpalong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 04:12:27 PM »
CA G36K with a flat-top rail from a G36C.

Purchased it off Arnie's Airsoft in 2006.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »
Now that there are plenty of good and more affordable upgrade options available a pretty awesome sniper rifle can be made fairly cheap. Buy a VSR variant for around $50-75, put in about $250 in upgrades, diy and lots of tuning and you have a gun that can hit out to around 300 feet. I've had a couple VSRs and they are still probably my favorite platform to tinker with and tune. So far I haven't fully upgraded one but it is definitely much cheaper than it used to be.

That's for sure, my bolt gun isn't cheap but it is cheap;) It's a TM VSR10 G-spec, which of course wasn't cheap. Though I've gone on the cheap for my upgrades and substituted time for money in this case. Lots of tuning, though running a 45 deg sear and piston happily for allot of rounds. Recently replaced the stock piston after 10,000 rounds or so with an action army version and a fresh set of SHS sears just for good measure. But shooting 525fps or so I've gotten confirmed kills past 100 yards with it running .43g Ajax BB's.

I've long considered building another bolt gun;) Since I do really enjoy the challenge of running that gun, but the dark side of AEG long range builds drew me in a while back and I built out an old CA M16A2 to shoot 510fps and I've gotten nearly the same accuracy lacking slightly maybe 5-10 yards shorter than max on the bolt gun. But with semi auto it's dang effective compared to the bolt gun. At the end of the day I enjoy both though.

I will say though it's much cheaper to build out virtually anything custom these days than it used to be. Heck parts if your using Clandestine or Brill are roughly a quarter in most cases what we used to pay for them;)

On the CA G36K I always liked the long G36 I've never warmed to HK guns in use. I love the looks, I want to love using them and something ergonomically just doesn't jive with me for whatever reason. Doesn't stop me from buying them and hoping I'll love them;) Since I've got an old TM G36c right now and an ICS MP5A4 too, neither that I love, both are great guns;) And seeing that made me think back to the old days of Arnies Airsoft, and it's sort of sister site Airsoft Players, though that's getting off topic;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

m4everybody

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 10:36:23 PM »
In reading these posts it confirms what I already knew and that is that I'm an oddity;) With the lack of airsoft around here I never messed with anything less than a TM/KWA to start with. I had never shot a spring handgun until last year;) I just never went there, started with higher end stuff and stayed there. That said I think there is a fair bit of fun to be had with simple cheap guns like that. But I also guess I was a bit older when I started playing than most here, I was 20ish years old when I started playing.

But it's really interesting to see what people started with;)

Luke
    Alright brag about it lol. I got interested with the stuff pretty early cause i found those scottish airsoft games from Scoutthedoggie on youtube. Got me hooked way back
" From the ground to the ground. Blood, shit, tears, and oil all puddle in the depths of hell anyway"-

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »
Well I think the reason I didn't find it easier or sooner in my case way the time frame. I found airsoft around 2000-2001 which was pre YouTube only slightly post Google being a contender in search;) So when I was younger the Internet was pretty much in its infancy and stumbling into airsoft on the net would have been rare. Not to mention it just wasn't as popular by a large margin there were regional forums and a couple national forums but overall it was a very small hobby. There might be one or two companies that are still around in the states like airsoft Atlanta which have been around that long. But no evike or airsoft gi;)

Different world however I wish I'd have found it earlier ;)

Take care

Luke

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

m4everybody

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 01:48:56 AM »
Im just a youngin so thats why I cant say much lol. I just cant hang with the old breeds.
" From the ground to the ground. Blood, shit, tears, and oil all puddle in the depths of hell anyway"-

Dime

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:07 AM »
       My first gun was a Cybergun DPMS M4A1. Back in 2008 a buddy talked me into trying paintball, during my search for the right marker I came across the greatest thing I had ever seen "AIRSOFT GUNS"!!! I quickly and impulsively bought it.
I still didn't play paintball or airsoft, but found an obsession for collecting airsoft replicas. My next purchase was a Tippman M9 and Crossman sniper rifle. I started to do a little research and moved on to a KSC G19 and Echo1 P90. By then it had become an addiction and purchased a Classic Army M14 and UMP then picked up a tri-shot shottie. A close friend was selling his KWA G26 and I snatched that up pretty fast. I actually started playing around 2010 and picked up a G&P M7A1 and a A&K Masada. At this time I started to sell some guns to make room for my unicorn, a limited edition VFC M27.

The other drugs I have owned since then are a JG G36, KWA P226  WE 3.8 XDM  JG SR25, G&G Raider and maybe some I can't remember. I THINK I have my addiction under control now and have finally stayed with my G&P M7A1, VFC LE M27, VFC LE 416 and G&G MP5 . 

shanesamp1984

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2016, 05:04:10 AM »

My first baby Tokyo marui m16 a2 love this gun got it back around 1997... but needed upgrade now....

Basically new internally including motor and gearbox and body is new and flat hop my favorite thing is a hutu. Still in love with it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Solstice

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »
My first gun was a Springer Famas, really into Halo at the time and it was the closest I could get to their battle rifle!

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 11:40:34 PM »
Spring HFC M9 Beretta, purchased from a local Army-Navy Surplus store.

Guts and Glory

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 11:11:51 PM »
Some springer pistols my father had gotten me when I was young.  First that I got for myself when I actually got into airsoft was one of those spring shotguns everyone else local had. 
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika