Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What was your first airsoft gun?  (Read 21427 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
What was your first airsoft gun?
« on: September 26, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »
Well guys I had an idea you guys might get a kick out of. What was your first airsoft gun?

So I'll start and I've actually got two since I don't recall which I bought first. Back in the early 2000's I got interested in airsoft and with no local players or scene. I decided to buy a TM M16A2 and a KWA Glock 19, both great highly recommended at the time. Both good guns, I kept and ran the M16 for quite a long while, worked excellent and eventually sold it to fund a CA M15A4 since I was drawn away with the metal body at the time;) The KWA Glock 19 is still in my collection though it's pretty tired I rebuilt it a while back and it will be going to Irene with me this year as my sidearm;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first airsoft gun?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 06:18:03 PM »
I remember my first airsoft gun being a MP5SD I bought from Meijer. A few of my friends bought airsoft guns around the same time too. I was always outgunned in our skirmishes because of my choice to get a replica that used a magazine. While all my friends had opted for a gun that had a scope on top that acted as a hopper for bbs. I remember I loved the heft of my MP5, although most of that heft was owed to lead chunks on the inside of the shell. Eventually the plastic piston gave out in it and I disassembled it hoping to revive it. It was a clear plastic gearbox with proprietary everything inside. So I tossed it and started looking for a replacement which led me to discover Evike and started me down the rabbit hole...
Dr Black

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:50:53 PM »
My very first experience with airsoft came in elementary school, where I would find the bbs scattered around the school yard, and would collect them. Vowing to my mom(at the time) I would never get one, it wasn't until probably early middle school when I found a clear springer Colt 1911 at the Salvation Army, which I picked up for $5. Finding it to be broken, I went home to open it up, little did I know what that started. Found the broken part, and super glue held for a couple hundred rounds. Having to buy bbs, I always had to have my mom pay for them as I wasn't close to 18. Through all of this, I searched online more to find this community, as well as finding better replicas on Ebay at the time. I bought a lot of springers (2 tec9s, a shotgun and an LPAEG M4) which actually saw a decent amount of time at MTAC and the winery.
I bought a few lemons later on, such as the Well P90 and a JG SVD. Tried to use both, but they ended up breaking and somehow managed to trade/sell them on.
But my first decent AEG was a Echo 1 (JG rebrand) G36c with 4 midcaps that I bought from Pagan for $97 at MTAC. Fond memories were made with that gun, and some great experiences.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:20:56 PM by T6e9a »
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

m4everybody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 07:44:46 PM »
Ahhh the sweet memory of my first airsoft gun. Probably a decade ago, i stumbled across an airsoft stand inside of a smoky indoor flea market while i was with my dad. The stand was run by some slick Arab trader who sqeezed 35 bucks out of my pocket for a JLS spring Mp5 and a no name pistol. The pistol's slide shot off with the first round but the mp5 still exists around the house with a broken stock and lever. Sometimes i hold it to reminisce about the days of old with the backyard skirmishes (if you can even call them that). Some years later and many a springer down the toilet, I bought one of those crossman m4's with a scope that acted as the hopper.  I, as well, have the remains of that gun after i converted it to run off of an ATV battery.  Spewed out shots faster than a virgin on their 21st birthday then lit aflame in my hand like the fury from my 3rd grade teacher's ruler. 
" From the ground to the ground. Blood, shit, tears, and oil all puddle in the depths of hell anyway"-

Dr Black

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »
Ahhh the sweet memory of my first airsoft gun. Probably a decade ago, i stumbled across an airsoft stand inside of a smoky indoor flea market while i was with my dad. The stand was run by some slick Arab trader who sqeezed 35 bucks out of my pocket for a JLS spring Mp5 and a no name pistol. The pistol's slide shot off with the first round but the mp5 still exists around the house with a broken stock and lever. Sometimes i hold it to reminisce about the days of old with the backyard skirmishes (if you can even call them that). Some years later and many a springer down the toilet, I bought one of those crossman m4's with a scope that acted as the hopper.  I, as well, have the remains of that gun after i converted it to run off of an ATV battery.  Spewed out shots faster than a virgin on their 21st birthday then lit aflame in my hand like the fury from my 3rd grade teacher's ruler.
That Is hilarious! I should see if my friends still have theirs and see what a lipo will do to them..
Dr Black

Chubbs

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:16:17 PM »
My first gun was a clear and orange m9 springer that I got from some stand at a flea market. Had that sucker for almost 10 years. I even used it at my very first OP as a sidearm. Now my first "real" replica was a CYMA ak74, and boy did I love that ak. Held onto her for about 6 years before I sold it to buy my first AR replica.

Puma1

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »
I bought a JG g3 that was actually pretty good for the 100 I paid for it.

I seem to have this problem where I get a gun, use it for a couple months and then decide to sell it for something else.

I definitely remember the anticipation of opening up the box and the pure happiness I had about it.  I still feel that way sometimes when I get new things.  Damn it, now I want a G3 again.
King Arms 'CQB' M4 -- King Arms 20" DMR -- King Arms 16" Rifle.
M81, Digital Marpat and Multicam.

My Buy/Sell ratings from 'old' MIA

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 10:28:19 PM »
The one problem with G3's these days is the dang mags, hard to find midcaps anywhere. I've got a buddy who runs them and he's been struggling with finding them lately;)

Luke

Dr Black

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »
Before I took a break from airsoft I really wanted a G3 with wood furniture. They looked so beautiful and badass at the same time. At the time I couldnt afford the gun, the metal body kit and the new pouches I would need to run G3 mags(if I could find them)

Dr Black

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 10:51:01 PM »
I've got a distinct love for any 7.62 platform, it's a habit I'm breaking though;) Plainly because there aren't any real benefits for airsoft purposes. So I try to be practical and keep with 5.56 and the like since the mags are smaller, and the guns are slightly lighter weight;)

But man are those G3's sexy. I've got a metal and wood AK with TM internals, but while I love the idea of it. It's still not lit my fire, and may go down the road at some point;)

Luke

m4everybody

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »
That Is hilarious! I should see if my friends still have theirs and see what a lipo will do to them..
      Hey, you know one time i took one of those mini electric AEG's, the ones that run of of AA's, and i hooked it up to an 18 volt weed whipper battery and that damn thing came alive! instantly shredded the gears, made all kinds of pops and terrible cries of vietnamese children that keep you awake for the next forty years. Then it just lit on fire. pretty dang cool and worth the 20 bucks for the thrill.
" From the ground to the ground. Blood, shit, tears, and oil all puddle in the depths of hell anyway"-

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
In reading these posts it confirms what I already knew and that is that I'm an oddity;) With the lack of airsoft around here I never messed with anything less than a TM/KWA to start with. I had never shot a spring handgun until last year;) I just never went there, started with higher end stuff and stayed there. That said I think there is a fair bit of fun to be had with simple cheap guns like that. But I also guess I was a bit older when I started playing than most here, I was 20ish years old when I started playing.

But it's really interesting to see what people started with;)

Luke

ctres

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »
UHC Super 9. Seemed epic at the time, didn't take long for me to figure out it was not...

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 01:01:01 PM »
Super 9 was almost a dirty word back in the day;) I remember the constant new posts from new players wanting to be a sniper who were looking at the Super 9's;)

Luke

Dr Black

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 02:21:09 PM »
I remembered when those came out.. I thought they were cool at the time too.  But I knew that snipers took loads of cash to be accurate.  At the time I didn't the cash for it.
Dr Black